Tweed Harvard with 2x6" speakers? Yay or nay?

JSMac

Tele-Afflicted
I laid a 6X9 CTS from an old organ in the back of the little cab that I pictured above. It sounded pretty good so this morning I decided to mount it in a little suitcase that was in the crawlspace. I'll dress up the opening with some black tubing and straighten out the grill cloth. I'm surprised how nice it sounds with the 5F10. Another flavor option anyway.

Thanks for the inspiration @Ronno25. 👍

002.JPG
006.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG

billy logan

Tele-Holic
Too late to help or hinder Ronno25, the OP :) but maybe this'll be of interest to someone:

I got a pair of the Eminence 6.5" speakers exactly like PhredE's in post #15 on p.1 of this thread. Also from Parts Express! when they were so low-priced a few years ago.

I put them in the head of a Bandmaster Reverb TFL 5005D. There's a lot of space in there below the tubes, down to the reverb. In a different thread I called the sound "whackin', thwackin'" someone called some speakers somewhere "spanky"; I wouldn't disagree with that. At low volume you can get a rich "clean." The weight ended up at 42 lbs. I would consider searching far and wide (my recent web search failed) for little neodymium speakers STRICTLY for the weight reduction.

This webpage (way at the bottom) has good instructions. They are talking about 8" speakers; my take on it was that 8" speaker's were too big to fit; I guess their speakers were thinner around the edges than what I was looking at. You can tell by my vocabulary I'm not too technical. bandmaster <<< way at the bottom of the webpage (photo is from there)
1642280884825.png

The top 3/4 of the webpage is good info about that particular amp.

Last edited: