twang picks

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Ronetele, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Ronetele

Ronetele TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

remember these Paul? u sold them here on the forum, geez, was it 3 years ago?? well, much as i'd like to believe that one shouldn't be picky about picks, i keep coming back to the twang picks as just right. is it the material, the thickness, or the cachet?? whatever, they have it. i use them for acoustic picking also.

seems that there isn't a tdpri store, leastwise, i can't find it. any chance that you could either offer another lot of these picks for sale? or if not, reveal the formula?

2. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Twang Picks (and hats and T-Shirts) were 5 years ago from September 1999. I got the Twang picks from www.legendpicks.com. They were just "Shell Picks -medium weight" picks like Fender medium picks.

You could see if LegendPicks.com sells in small quantities and order your own custom picks.

The "Tele Gear Store" is not showing on the page while the Fundraiser is going on, but will be back in two weeks or so. (No Picks there either.) But if you want to visit there right now go to http://www.cafepress.com/tdpri

Thanks
    Paul Green

3. Ronetele

Ronetele TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

thx for the pick tips

legend's smallest quantity is 144 picks, printed with custom artwork and shipped for $48. that's very reasonable for about 3 lifetimes worth of picks. so i'm thinking about it and have asked a friend's artistic son if he will doodle up a design.

i tried convincing myself that fender mediums worked as well 4 me. but they just don't. now, if it turns out to b the tdpri logo, that special cachet, that is the trick, i'll b as surprised as the guys who insist that the type of metal in a power cord makes a difference in the sound of their amp.

but u just never know.

wow, 5 years! we r all getting old. thanks paul.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.