Tutorial on how to make your own glass bottleneck.

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
Awesome, I thought for sure that was going to end in a full blown house fire. :lol:
Same here. I thought the curtains were going to take fire and then the trailer too. It is sort of funny. To me it is.
edit the guy is not even phazed but the folks around him are.

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
Thanks for posting that. I enjoyed watching it tonight.
There are several cool ones on youtube you might enjoy. The fat possum one is nice, you see how they are not supposed to have ripped of RL burnside. the other ones i haven't seen, there were other nice ones but can't find them. If i track them back i will post them.
I also like the gritiness of the filming, fits better the rural blues than a really good image.

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
There are several cool ones on youtube you might enjoy. The fat possum one is nice, you see how they are not supposed to have ripped of RL burnside. the other ones i haven't seen, there were other nice ones but can't find them. If i track them back i will post them.
I also like the gritiness of the filming, fits better the rural blues than a really good image.

Thanks for those. I saw your original post over breakfast with no time to watch the film. In the evening I'd forgotten the details, thread title, who'd posted and couldn't track it anywhere here. Eventually found it by a YouTube search on "Rural blues documentary" which found it first go and also lots of others including some you mention. That'll keep me busy for a bit. We've got it easy compared with those chaps. And my best beloved's net curtains are safe from me!

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
The guy blowing away the little flames on the sink ! pff, pffff. While the bluesman is just keeping on... If he had been alone, he would probably have light the bottle with the cannister of lighter fluid right next to him. 🔥🔥🧑‍🚒🧑‍🚒🚒
And not sure he has a fire extinguisher.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Wow... what a documentary and thanks for sharing. Several years before this was made, a buddy of mine and I had this exact same idea and were planning on going way down south to do it, but we never able to break away from our lives to do so. Glad someone was able to do what we could not, but darn I wish I could've been there :confused: I've always wondered how they made those glass slides! I may have to try this sometime... outside in the firepit of course ;)

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
I've done a couple like that by burning twine, but I used wax. Scraping the broken end on the concrete like he did gets the sharp edges off. Notice that RL Burnside doesn't mess with any of it and uses a brass slide instead. I found a thick brass roller bearing at the hardware store that'll work great as a slide with a little polishing--I don't even really play slide that much anymore, but I saw it and had to get it.

That clip later on of the drum and fife players was wild.