Turntable

thechad

Tele-Holic
I used to love vinyl because people in my town would sell their collection of 1000 records for $100. Even if you only keep what you want out of that it was a great deal!
Now vinyl has made a come back. The deals are harder to come by, but on the flip side you can get newer albums, or older albums that don’t have cigarette burns.

Enjoy!

Jim_in_PA

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I just found my Technics turntable in storage while completing a move recently...I bought it in the late 1970s while still at the university. I also found a box of vinyl ... heavy for sure ... I honestly don't know if I'll keep the turntable or not. I no longer own any kind of traditional stereo system with a preamp and don't have space for it. But the jury is still out of that.

80daytripper

TDPRI Member
Turntables and vinyl. As addictive as guitars & amps etc.

R.E.M. Chronic Town EP spinning right now.

Attachments

• D61E967B-289E-46EF-BFB8-1C13ED39912F.jpeg
    D61E967B-289E-46EF-BFB8-1C13ED39912F.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 55

joealso

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Abbey Road is often a gateway album. I know because I started with Sgt Pepper. Pretty soon I was buying albums by Allman Bros, Clapton and others. Before I knew it I was into Japanese imports and colored vinyl. Be careful, my friend.

Bendyha

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
My Thorens does not turn as often as it used to, but it still holds its pride of place position in the living room.

cenz

Tele-Meister
When I was in the service, in the mid-70’s, I bought a Kenwood KR9400 receiver, Technics SL1300 turntable, 4 JBL L100 speakers, a JVC equalizer, TEAC A420 cassette and an Akai reel to reel. Sister has it now and still works

Now, I have an Audio Technica direct drive pro something or other. Can’t remember the model number and run it through a Marshall Stanmore speaker.

I’ve gotten a few brand new records(Exile, Irish Tour 74, Joe B’s British Blues Explosion, etc) but love looking through thrift shops and places like that. Found a copy of Live at Leeds with all the papers and the poster. Found the flame cover of Street Survivors and both Tommy Bolin records, all in good shape. I have maybe 70 records in all and on Sunday when we are not up north or motorcycle riding, the wife and I get some libations and listen to records all day.

It makes for a great Sunday