Turns out Robert Smith (The Cure) has been a huge Thin Lizzy fan most of his life!

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Thin Lizzy were hugely influential. I read multiple times that U2 were obsessed with them.
Seriously, if you take that (just being honest) super creepy, dumb Boys are Back song and table it, the entire rest of their catalog is totally rocking. But I know exactly 1 other person in my sphere who ever listened to anything but that song. TL is great rock'n'roll.

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
Robert Smith and I are the same age, so similar influences.

...Interesting connection, I'll have to look deeper into thin Lizzy.

You're in for a treat then. :cool:

The 'Live & Dangerous' double album is frequently in the top live albums of all time list, check it out. Phil Lynott wrote some great songs.

This late 70s clip from the Whistle Test is a treat, with Gary Moore (playing Peter Green's LP) & Cozy Powell.

superjam144

Tele-Afflicted

The 'Live & Dangerous' double album is frequently in the top live albums of all time list, check it out. Phil Lynott wrote some great songs.

This late 70s clip from the Whistle Test is a treat, with Gary Moore (playing Peter Green's LP) & Cozy Powell.

Oh wow forgot Moore was in Lizzy. He's great. Love his solo stuff.

superjam144

Tele-Afflicted

Insanity. That Les Paul sounds spectacular. Also bass sounds incredible. Vocals perfect.

superjam144

Tele-Afflicted
Isn't it? That sound is the 'Les Paul into a Marshall' sound that lives in my head.
A quality outfit, all round.

Almost sounds wet, juicy. Touch responsiveness. Wow he had a great unique tone... His guitar technique was quite advanced. He could almost shred as fast as evh but more tasteful.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Smith was king of melodic chorus laced guitar lines. Such a good songwriter too.

Interesting connection, I'll have to look deeper into thin Lizzy.

Here ya go - an all-you-can-eat buffet of Thin Lizzy for just $9.99 on Amazon:

71FodYXoS6L._SX425_.jpg

81HywZRMcEL._SX522_.jpg

81otUuifUGL._SX425_.jpg