Turning Japanese?

Discussion in 'International Member Clubs' started by Jupiter, Feb 28, 2013.

1. SpaceyBen

SpaceyBen Tele-Meister

Yeah I've been in country for about 5 years and it is a mess for us here. Oh you have two degrees? Welcome to being English teacher!

The racism here gets to me mostly but since I live way out in the country now it's better since I am more a part of the community. In Yokohama it was a lot worse there I was just one of a lot of gaijin.

ADAP7IVE likes this.
  2. nvilletele

nvilletele Friend of Leo's

Not a lot of action in this club lately . . . I'm not really part of this club anymore, but I went over to Japan on a 1~2 year plan and ended up staying for 12 years . . . Tokyo area, the whole time. . . . Actually, I went over on 2 different 1~2 year plans . . . first time I actually just stayed 2 years (as an English teacher), then came back to US and went to grad school. Went back after graduation with only short-term plans, but ended up staying over 9 years. Haven't been back for a long time, but would love to see some of my old friends again . . .

Yoroshiku o-negai itashimasu . . . .

ADAP7IVE likes this.
  3. Yuuki

Yuuki NEW MEMBER!

No way! That is where I am moving to when I am done with my stint in the States. It is so stressful here and can't wait to get back to my childhood friends once again. Since my mother flew to the US to have me, I get to deal with immigration :( March 2016 here I come.... And may teach there at the Womens College there so I will have something to do. :)

4. Tritone

Tritone TDPRI Member

I've been living in Tokyo for about two and a half years. I really like it here. My plan is to pass JLPT N2 before going back to the US to go to graduate school. I am taking (the new) N3 this year and hopefully can pass N2 next year.

5. DocJay

DocJay Tele-Meister

I've been here for over 15 years. I'm now living in Tokyo (Kichijoji/Mitaka area). Good luck with the language tests! I passed 1-kyuu a while back, and I highly recommend taking the exams. Knowing the language definitely deepens the experience.

6. thegaijin

thegaijin Tele-Meister

Greetings from Tokyo

7. fordfanjpn

fordfanjpn Tele-Holic

Pretty quiet here. I've been in Tokyo for 30 years now. Can't decide whether or not to stay. But as long as MJT is willing to ship to Japan, there's no reason to leave! ;-)

8. ADAP7IVE

ADAP7IVE TDPRI Member

Osaka here. Anyone still around? I've been wondering how much there is to the MIJ/CIJ hype. Anyone know?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.