Tumnus + Pinnacle == Wampler Andy Wood Gearbox...

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by bluesholyman, May 13, 2021.

1. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

Enjoy

scook likes this.
  2. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

Dang. I am days away from ordering a Browne Protein. But maybe I need to think about this. Wampler is great. I have a Tumnus and a Pantheon and a Plexi because you can’t have too many dirt pedals. This seems like a good fit.

Edited to clarify that this is the living Andy Wood, not the deceased one some of y’all remember. Although that would be cool to collaborate with a ggghost.

Also edit to say Brian Wampler understands EQ, that is why his pedals are so versatile. That’s why they work on so many instruments. Understanding EQ puts Wampmer in about 2% of pedal builders.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  3. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

I just recently watched the TPS show on dual drives which included the KoT, Protein, Gladiator, and the Duellist....Dual pedals seem to be more of a thing now but I don't quite get the appeal of 2-for-1, besides the inherent obvious, but it still takes up 2 spaces.

Having two pedals properly tuned to work with each other does seem to be a good reason, especially if they otherwise would not play as well together.

I personally am still not sold on dual pedals...

4. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

See? This is why I have so many pedals.

bluesholyman likes this.
  5. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Holic

Evey one I've tried has been a compromise/disappointment in one way or another.

6. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

Me either. I could see if someone already loved both sides of the dual drive, and if they were reversable.

I have a few OD and Distortion pedals that I already like, and I can stack them in multiple configurations, rather than in just one or two fixed options. I’m not knocking them, but I just don’t see it being too useful for me.

7. Refugee

Refugee Tele-Meister

I like it. I'm currently stacking a SD-9 into an Ethos TLE, so I am definitely into having a two in one pedal. Coolest feature to me is the built in noise gate. I wonder how differently it operates than something like a Decimator.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.