Tuff Dog BAD dog

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by Tuff Dog, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Tuff Dog

Tuff Dog NEW MEMBER!

I answered an ad on Craigs for a Tele Tuff Dog "REPLICA". The guy wanted $300, I asked, "How about $200, without batting an eye he says "Sure no problem". THAT worried me immeadiately.
    What a joke, the guy comes over with the guitar and says, "Well it's not in tune". That was the first red flag, like who would want to sell a guitar to someone without first tuning it up? He says he's a guitar player but he's carrying the thing like a dead fish...second red flag. I put it on the tuner for each string by itself so all strings are in tune to the unfretted notes. Then I strike an E major chord...like fingernails on a blackboard! It was past bad intonenation, the frets had to be so far off I could not get it in tune with itself...ever. It could have been stolen 'cause this guy was definately not a guitar player so what else was he lieing about? He had no rebuttal as to why it was so "UNtuneable". I told him no thanks...So...watch out for "Replicas" of these Tuff Dogs.

nojazzhere likes this.
  2. dickey

dickey Tele-Afflicted

There's a guy here on local Craigs who has a $300 Tuff Dog & a $300 Buck Owens for sale for awhile. He says they are replicas, although they DO say "Fender" on them. Maybe he's a relative of your guy.

3. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

There was a recent thread here about someone having just bought a Tuff Dog pretty cheap.
    I guess the Chinese must have recently geared up for a production run of them.

4. Pips

Pips Tele-Holic

Ouch

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.