Tuff Dog BAD dog

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by Tuff Dog, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Tuff Dog

Tuff Dog NEW MEMBER!

I answered an ad on Craigs for a Tele Tuff Dog "REPLICA". The guy wanted $300, I asked, "How about $200, without batting an eye he says "Sure no problem". THAT worried me immeadiately.
    What a joke, the guy comes over with the guitar and says, "Well it's not in tune". That was the first red flag, like who would want to sell a guitar to someone without first tuning it up? He says he's a guitar player but he's carrying the thing like a dead fish...second red flag. I put it on the tuner for each string by itself so all strings are in tune to the unfretted notes. Then I strike an E major chord...like fingernails on a blackboard! It was past bad intonenation, the frets had to be so far off I could not get it in tune with itself...ever. It could have been stolen 'cause this guy was definately not a guitar player so what else was he lieing about? He had no rebuttal as to why it was so "UNtuneable". I told him no thanks...So...watch out for "Replicas" of these Tuff Dogs.

nojazzhere likes this.
  2. dickey

dickey Tele-Afflicted

There's a guy here on local Craigs who has a $300 Tuff Dog & a $300 Buck Owens for sale for awhile. He says they are replicas, although they DO say "Fender" on them. Maybe he's a relative of your guy.

3. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Doctor of Teleocity

There was a recent thread here about someone having just bought a Tuff Dog pretty cheap.
    I guess the Chinese must have recently geared up for a production run of them.

4. Pips

Pips Tele-Holic

Ouch

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.