tuesday morning coffee

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 24 track, Jul 20, 2021.

1. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

a few days ago I noticed a yearling doe in the back yard helping to trim the cherry and apricot trees. I dont mind they are such beautiful and magnificent animals .

yesterday I see our guest laying under the aprocot tree about 20 feet from the sitting area harlo was most distraught for my safety but he did not bark or chase the doe and then the doe got up and walked over to us got about 3 feet away sniffed the air , Harlo became concerned and went back into the house but stood century

at about 07:00 I get up to feed Harlo and to give him fresh cold water this is routine I also go out to fill the 5 bird feeders around the outside seating area and have a coffee outside , the doe is there and confident as usual when i left some peanuts out for the 6 stellar jays , the mother Magpie and her 5 brood and the 3 resident crows.
    The doe jumped the retaining wall and headed up the back 3rd acre , munching on the weeds at leasure.

then I saw it ........the reason she stayed over the past week or so was because she had given birth to 2 fawn who today made their presence known , I did not have a camera ready for this, I wish I had, this is about the 5 generation of deer to birth in the back yard ,

Nice way to start the morning.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    Mouth, billy logan, Rockinvet and 2 others like this.
  2. stormsedge

stormsedge Poster Extraordinaire

We have a doe with fawn here as well. We still see them despite the visiting grandpup's announcing every sighting.

24 track likes this.
  3. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Nice story / thanks!

24 track likes this.
  4. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

Son of a......SO this morning I was sitting in the house and it is pouring rain which I enjoy. Our local doe has had two fawns also. Still with their spots. I was sitting at my desk and I have a view of the back yard and I spotted the doe in the bushes out back. There is a big wilderness glen behind the house. Couldn't get a good photo so I moved to the kitchen and I could see her but I couldn't get a decent photo of her. She has never come close though. She always trots off when I go out. So I sat out front with my coffee and watched the rain. Here's a still photo. I don't know how to upload vids anymore since they changed and I'm not sending every thing to YT.

20210720_115746[1].jpg

24 track likes this.
  5. 24 track

beautiful yard , this year with the 50+c temps we had killed every thing green all the bumper crop cherries tuned to crasins on the tree I could sure use some of that rain you had to wash down the smoke from the fires we have up here at least it is not too hot now . I have had the deer come almost into the house at one point a few years ago, the fawns stepped into the recording studio, looked around then left .

dented likes this.
  6. Chester P Squier

Chester P Squier Tele-Afflicted

I should sit in my front yard swing, or back porch swing, when drinking my morning coffee.

Instead, I follow the TDPRI. :)

dented and 24 track like this.
  7. 24 track

I always knew that stuff happens early in the morning here , but missed alot because of work , now i can love it every day , one year a steller Jay was hopping down my drive way chasing me looking for peanuts as i left for work in my truck :lol::lol::lol::lol:

8. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Most mornings I go outside and eat b'fast at the bistro set, before it gets too hot. Here it is in the spring.

snow1.jpg

dented and 24 track like this.
  9. 24 track

I built one of those garden gazebos out the studio doors and the snow crushed the roof on it , so I built a perminent cover over the top so we can go out all year long.

10. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I had one of those gazebos that got crunched by snow, too. I'm thinking that happens to everyone!

24 track likes this.
  11. Harbinger77

Harbinger77 Tele-Meister

Deer = Lyme disease.

They’re like very graceful rats spreading sickness all over.

But yeah I see them in the morning while I drink coffee, too.

24 track likes this.
  12. 24 track

here was my solution , notice i kept the frame and the cover is 3/4"ply sealed and shingled

P1011561.JPG P1011559.JPG

dented and BigDaddyLH like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.