tube amp fizzled...

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by sloan11, Mar 27, 2011.

1. sloan11

sloan11 TDPRI Member

Good thing I just bought that vox... one of my other amps just started to fizzle for about 2 seconds while playing and it shut off. I guess its not the tubes since it won't power on at all, but what does that mean? What could it be?

2. Robster

Robster Tele-Afflicted

Have to open that one up to see if any components have burned thru. Then find out what caused it and fix it....Were you playing hard and maybe blew the fuse in it?

3. sloan11

sloan11 TDPRI Member

No, that's the funny thing. I was playin at less than noon on the volume and no boost or overdrive pedals... only delay and reverb. I was usin my nova delay which is supposed tobe 12 volt but I was running it with9 like always... that wouldn't have had anything to do with it would it?

4. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

Probably just a tube that went south and took a fuse, and maybe something else, with it. That's why it's a good idea to change 'em out every once in a while. Hope you get 'er rockin' again.

5. sloan11

sloan11 TDPRI Member

How much does it cost to have something like that repaired? This is my first go around with putting miles on a tube amp.

6. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

It's been a few years, but once a while back I let one of my Bravos go too long between tube changes. I think they had to replace a couple of internal components. It was around $100, but what expert labor isn't these days? Anyhow, I didn't feel that it was unreasonable in order to get a favorite amp back in action.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.