1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

TS9 vs. TS808: what's the difference?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by vedt, May 3, 2011.

1. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

Has anyone tried using an EQ pedal create a custom TS type boost (minus the gain options)?

I haven’t tried it yet (I use mine to tweak the amp’s clean tone), but it seems like it would work well as far as tweaking the bass and treble roll off, as well as allowing fine tuning of the mid boost. Add a fairly flat response dirt pedal with in in a loop, and voilà, custom TS equivalent!

Anyone tried this? Pros? Cons?

2. con brio

con brio Tele-Meister

You can mimic the EQ shape of a TS to a degree as you suggest. But you don’t get the added harmonic content cause by clipping the signal. While that presents as more high frequency content, it’s not the same content as just turning up the highs as it’s dependent on the input rather than fixed.

Adding another gain pedal before or after the EQ doesn’t require a loop and will add that harmonic high content back in. You can also just do this with a TS to radically change how it sounds.

Edit: oh whoops I see what you mean by loop now. Sorry; brain fart.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    JustABluesGuy likes this.
  3. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

Huh. I got 799.

(*ducking)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.