TS clone

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by dougstrum, Apr 28, 2019.

1. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Holic

My old TS-10 bit the dust about a year ago. So I fixed the switch in an old TS-5.
    It started getting pretty dodgey again.
    Don't use it a lot but want it to work when I stomp on it.

Got Beringer tube screamer clone. Sounds good to me and was way inexpensive. Hopefully it will hold up for a long time. we can.

2. Doctorx33

Doctorx33 Tele-Afflicted

I’ve got an old TS-5 with a 4558 chip in it, I’ve replaced the switch in it a couple of times. Other than that it’s a great sounding pedal.

Swap a couple of resistors and you’ve got a ts-808. I did it to my ts5 and compared it to a buddy’s vintage 808, I couldn’t tell the difference and neither could he. He was pissed about it too,lol, he paid big bucks for that pedal.

Paul in Colorado likes this.
  3. leonard d rock

leonard d rock Tele-Afflicted

many ts clones now from joyo and caline and other chinese brands. you can also buy used ts. another is buy boss sd1 and mod it to a ts or just adjust the tone and it will sound like a ts

4. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Afflicted

The problem with the TS-5 switch probably isn't the switch. Read the fourth post down in this thread.

Worked for me.

5. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Holic

Yeah the big cap was 1st thing I did and worked well but then switch started working intermittently. Put new switch in worked get for abt a yr, then started acting up again. So just got that clone and it sounded great Friday night so not going to mess with the old ones.

jvin248 likes this.
  6. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I have a TS-5 that has served me well. It's my favorite sounding TS pedal. No switch issues. I replaced it on my board with a BBE Green Screamer that seems a little more solid. But I still pull it out from time to time.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.