Trying To Get Back To My Old Self

RobRiggs

Tele-Afflicted
Great news FG! Glad Rich is on the mend and life is normal-ish! Now time for some slappin’ and poppin’ 😁

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Great news on the home front, and I’m happy for you, but I’m a little annoyed that you have informed me of the existence of an IYV violin bass. I don’t have a bass, and I’m happy with my IYV Mustang-ish, so…

sax4blues

Poster Extraordinaire
For me music is the great escape, not a goal for something else. Each day always take a few moments or more to zone out with just the playing.

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Good news on Rich and him being more up and around. Good news for you on having a little more free time. Love the Beatle Bass look alike.

I remember after my open heart surgery, two years ago, I wasn’t allowed to lift more than six pounds for six weeks. My family would not let me raise or lower my recliner. I had to ask them to do it. Talk about frustrating. Hang in there it gets better.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Glad youre both settling into the new digs and routine.
Music oh yeah music, gotta play music.
Also need time off and away by yourself as a caregiver, its sort of a medical fact that caregivers get burnout if no time off, real I have a whole day thats mine only mine sort of thing.
IDK but think about it and maybe talk to the visiting nurse service people at the hospital, just in terms of them knowing how much you can reasonably expect of yourself.
They should have a senior person who assesses situations and can guide your possible martyrdom!
Sadly the signs of too much tend to be stuff like thinking we are not doing enough andwe dont deserve a day off.
Sort of a gun that shoots us in the foot without us even touching it.
Take care of you!

Lone_Poor_Boy

Tele-Afflicted
Honestly inspiring. I'll remember this when I fall into a 'woe is me' moment.

You sure as hell have a.....

Deeve

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Rich is healing up very well.

I'm working Remote and have incorporated being a Caregiver into my daily work routine.

Haven't played guitar as much as I used to, but finally broke out my acoustic. It feels good to have time to play again.

I've been playing a lot of Bass whenever I get some free time. Which has been rare. However, Rich is now up and about so I've been letting him take care of himself more and more each day. Which frees up my time.

I saw this IYV Bass for sale on Amazon. $189 - Free Shipping. It was unavailable for awhile. Suddenly it appeared again as a returned item. I jumped on it.

I'll post about it in The Bass Place if anyone wants to see more pics.

Sincerely,
FG

View attachment 1035813
Glad to see you're up and adding another neck to the household...
Are all the Beatle-bass versions short-scale?
Peace - Deeve

Hey Rich - get it yourself! FG's playing right now!

4 Cat Slim

Poster Extraordinaire
It's great to hear some good news from you, FG!
As others have said (and much better), be sure to take care of yourself
and make time for the things that bring you joy. It's too easy to get
overwhelmed by a series of bad circumstances. Keep moving forward!!

gitold

Poster Extraordinaire
I have a Epi Beatle bass that looks identical to that except for the headstock. Enjoy! Glad your hubby is doing better!