Trying to Find the Recordings of Guitar Player Mag. Back Issue Lessons

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by AZTeleman, May 12, 2021.

1. AZTeleman

AZTeleman TDPRI Member

I have as, an example the July 2008 Guitar Player Magazine issue. I actually have scores of back issues but let's use this one to target one. The July 2008 Issue has Al DiMeola on the Cover, it is actually Vol. 42, No. 7. July 2008.

Anyway, this issue has a lesson called "Hot Tele Pickin' -- Get schooled on the Titans of Twang by Jon Chappell". I used to be able to find the Lesson Audio by gong to GPTV.COM, or True Fire or Notes on Call (remember that?). But I can't seem to find them anymore. I used to order the CD's etc.

Does anyone know how to look up the Audio for Lessons from Guitar Player Back issues. Or even only specifically this Issue and or Lesson?

2. gtroates

gtroates Tele-Holic

I know it doesn’t answer your question, but it might explain why they stopped the notes on call lately. I have a subscription to GP and they have recently decided to give online subscriptions with every mailed subscription. The online magazines now have audio play buttons attached to every lesson, and there is an option to buy all the back issues all the way back to January 2012 and also certain issues called “GP vault” issues for a bargain price (I think it was $50). The vault issues include multiple earlier lessons from their back catalogue.

3. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

I probably have that magazine......

4. thebowl

thebowl Tele-Meister

I don’t have any complete magazines but I have around half of a file cabinet drawer full of pages ripped out, over a fairly long period of time. Hip Grips, a lesson by Andy Ellis in the February 2006 GP, is a just about perfect bridge from 12 bar blues into the world of ii V I, flat five subs and back cycling . All in five pages.

5. SRHmusic

SRHmusic Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I think I stopped subscribing while they were still including the little tear out vinyl records.:lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.