Truth or Dare: a variation I dare you, Are You Dyslexic?

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
The shaming of the dyslexic is a common occurrence, so I can understand I you are gun-shy about revealing your dyslexic hidden secret , but don't worry most people based on my own fabricated statistics don't know that you're dyslexic (99.7%), they just tink you're stick-stupid or maybe stupid as a brick.
If you are dare, ( pause )another opportunity to be publicly shamed along with the glue-huffers and used tire sniffers as well as others
others equally disenfranchised from community respectability is here, the challenge is on going.

0000000000000000 floting away.jpg

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
My wife doesn’t read well. She writes acceptably well with spell check. She’s a psychologist and to me that’s amazing. She is strong willed and made it through a very challenging program by sheer force of will. I’m proud of her. I help where I can by reviewing documents that will become parts of a permanent record. She’s actually gotten much better at writing. Reading, even signs on a highway, are still a challenge.

RodeoTex

Doctor of Teleocity
Yes I'm dyslexic/ADHD. I wear it with pride now.
My Dr told me that if it weren't for ADD people there would be no ER doctors. He also said that ADDs excel in the military and as artists. Routine things and also left brained creative stuff.
It's not wrong, and it's not a defect.

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
The shaming of the dyslexic is a common occurrence, so I can understand I you are gun-shy about revealing your dyslexic hidden secret , but don't worry most people based on my own fabricated statistics don't know that you're dyslexic (99.7%), they just tink you're stick-stupid or maybe stupid as a brick.
If you are dare, ( pause )another opportunity to be publicly shamed along with the glue-huffers and used tire sniffers as well as others
others equally disenfranchised from community respectability is here, the challenge is on going.

View attachment 974158
I was about to disclaim when I burst out laughing thinking mr spaceman forgot the ether…

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
My wife doesn’t read well. She writes acceptably well with spell check. She’s a psychologist and to me that’s amazing. She is strong willed and made it through a very challenging program by sheer force of will. I’m proud of her. I help where I can by reviewing documents that will become parts of a permanent record. She’s actually gotten much better at writing. Reading, even signs on a highway, are still a challenge.
thank you for responding . and your kindness you've shared with your wife is , well , your a good chap and yes supporting ones spouse isn't always the what some husbands give their spouses, as the documented occurrence of spousal abuse reflects .
And again good on you. I'm happy for her and her achievement. Shrinking heads calls for a sound education and a keen intuition, a trate some dyslexics have in abundance, the intuition part.
I was about to disclaim when I burst out laughing thinking mr spaceman forgot the ether…
talk about being spaced out, there must be a paddle /lake folksie saying about being lost in space without a teether.

johnny7

Tele-Meister
At university around 38 years ago, I had a Math Professor write on a statistics midterm..."Are you dyslexic?". I added 2 + 5 to equal 8 along with a number of other "trivial" number errors. I also wrote my last name as MacDacDonald on three pages and as funny as that is, I have no idea of where the Dac came from.

Since then I have made the assumption that I am dyslexic and have adjusted accordingly. Also explains why I struggled through university.

boneyguy

Doctor of Teleocity
My Dr told me that if it weren't for ADD people there would be no ER doctors. He also said that ADDs excel in the military and as artists. Routine things and also left brained creative stuff.
....yet Big Pharma will reap hundreds of millions of $$ convincing us to medicate it away.....

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
At university around 38 years ago, I had a Math Professor write on a statistics midterm..."Are you dyslexic?". I added 2 + 5 to equal 8 along with a number of other "trivial" number errors. I also wrote my last name as MacDacDonald on three pages and as funny as that is, I have no idea of where the Dac came from.

Since then I have made the assumption that I am dyslexic and have adjusted accordingly. Also explains why I struggled through university.
are you addicted and dependent on your spell check?

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
You are shameless, how dare you? good for you.