1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

True Detective Season 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by stealyerface, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Telenut62

Telenut62 Poster Extraordinaire

This is one messed up plot.....have the "goods guys" any hope? Turn the bad guys against each other?

2. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

The most major flaw I think we've had in this season is the whole Stan situation and the big gaping holes his footsteps leave. Stan! We hardly knew ya!

Hell of an episode, though.

3. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I was thoroughly entertained with last nights episode. I am beginning to wonder if everybody goes down in flames. Maybe Frank's wife is the only one to walk away?

4. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

I think T-Bone dropped the ball. The end credit music should have been Los Lobos' Burn It Down.

5. xMercury69x

xMercury69x Friend of Leo's

Maybe Frank's wife is in on it? "Everybody is bought", said Mr Glass-in-the-face

6. tele salivas

Man, if Frank's wife has been compromised, that would make my head spin excorcist style.

Gas leak has been confirmed, however.

7. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I was thinking about this show this morning and started humming 'nobody wins'...

some good things (I'm genetically predisposed to look for this) the woman detective's father, David Morse, finally realizes his own culpability and accepts it, damns it and makes good with his daughter.

vince vaughan's character finally makes sense of the difficulty with his own plot.... it has got to hurt tens times over that it was his trusting others that doomed him.

the russian crime subplot is not made up. it is a huge problem... nice to see that it is getting some run... and maybe some attention.

the bad... I worry about the pregnant wife's life if it has anything to do with the ex soldier's mom. That mom is all evil all the time and a complete parasite.

While I appreciate Vaughan's bold moves... if his goal is the big heist, making lots of noise with fires and murders puts him in jeopardy. It won't take much to get him on the KTLA news and have everyone and their dog hunting him.

I don't know why Colin Farrell is a bad man. He is convinced he is. To me, he is a flawed man but not bad.

I don't think highly of Vaughan's wife and I kind of presume that she is being blackmailed or otherwise influenced...

It is interesting the 'organization' that has the parties... I know who they are talking about and I wonder what the implications of the references are.... they have the two places reversed... Near monterey is where David Morse's place is in real life (the center near big sur) and the guerneville location.... well, I know what that is too...

so much of this plot is so 'true' and realistic it is amazing they could get it on tv and so fast...

8. Earth

Earth Tele-Meister

The second half of this season is going great. All the characters are finally differentiated enough, and have their own thing going on, that it actually feels like each one is utilized well now.

9. suave eddie

suave eddie Tele-Afflicted

Do you think they are referencing the Bohemian Grove?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  10. tele salivas

It seemed the opening theme song change a bit?

11. tele salivas

Yes, Bohemian Grove and also check out Esalen Institute. I thought True Detective might have been mashing up a few places or centers, but Esalen is a big one and also has a gorgeous cliffside view.

12. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I do.

13. Zillinois

Zillinois Friend of Leo's

I really just want to know "Who killed Casper?"

14. harlycarly

harlycarly Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I'm still hanging in, but...........

15. tele salivas

Given some of the themes that have been explored as far as opportunity,power plays, and parent/child dynamics, I am going to go with Mayor Chesanni's right hand man, Bodine, being in cahoots with the boy and girl orphaned after the jewelry robbery 20-odd years prior: the brother (movie set photographer?) of Laura/Erica (Caspere's secretary!) being the birdman shooter. Those kids have to have a high-up contact in the City of Vinci inner circle to have access to info aside from Erica/Laura's recent stint working for Caspere, and Bodine may have met one of these two in a group home or foster home situation, I am guessing. He's the right age and has that f-face thing going for him. The power of three is good on lots of levels.

[​IMG]

16. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

This makes a lot of sense. Earlier it was expoused that the foot chase that Ray and Ani got into after finding the stolen Cadillac was with a woman.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  17. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Thought the same thing. He's emptying the chamber for sure.

18. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

(May contain spoiler. I guess you have to include that warning. What do I know?)

Anyway...

Woodrough's death bugged me, not in any kind of emotional way, but is a storytelling way.

We're told, in the tunnels, that those tunnels run all over the city. How did Woodrough's killer know exactly where he would emerge from the underground? He could have run the in the other direction, for all the guy knows. He could have exited the same way he entered, which he apparently didn't.

That said, watching this show has been fun. As one critic put it, it's the best worst show on television. Some of it has been striking, but the writing has been pretty weird, to say the least. ("Blue balls of the heart," please, and Velcoro's weird threat to the kid whose pop he beat up.) And the plot is convoluted to the point of being nonsensical. Some of the exposition in the last episode to explain what's going on just amplified how contrived the plot is.

Other than that, it is kind of fun to watch and this last episode was entertaining. I'll watch next week to see whether Pizzolatto sticks the landing or it just ends in a massive trainwreck.

19. tele salivas

Some families are making bold moves in expanding markets here in the US. One family operating up in Washington state, is building the largest horticultural growth facility set to operate in the US. Growing newly minted, formerly illegal, hemp products-textile, edibles, medicinal, oils, the whole shebang. My stepson works for them, says all the sons drive Lamborghini's and are serious, but generally easy-going guys. He likes them, but doesn't forget they are all business. That particular family got their start operating fishing vessels. If you've eaten crab in the last decade, there is an 80% chance it came of one of their ships. Financing, influence, a massive self-controlled shipping operation, those things don't come out of Russia the easy way. That they were able to gain leverage over long-time West Coast boys, it's rather incredible.

20. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

All this kind of sums up my thoughts generally. I am looking forward to this week's episode. I did feel a little bit of emotional twinge when Woodrough was killed (by the way--didn't even know his name. That's how this series has been for me) I was actually pretty shocked--thought he'd gotten away clean.

Last episode should be interesting!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.