1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

True Detective Season 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by stealyerface, Jun 22, 2015.

1. suave eddie

suave eddie Tele-Afflicted

OK. I thought it was something like that.

2. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

I was going to post that, but thought it may run afoul of the rules.

3. stealyerface

stealyerface Tele-Afflicted

I figured it was a quote, and not as offensive, within the context of the show's dialogue script.

I was going to put the asterisks in there, but that would defeat the point of someone not hearing the line clearly.

~syf

4. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

If someone's made it this far into True Detective, its fair to say either they are an adult or someone who is beyond such concerns.:lol:

5. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Question for those following the season, were you disappointed with episode 3?

I rather enjoyed it, afterward I was only more interested in next week. My coworker told me he was disappointed and bored with episode 3, quote "nothing really happened".

To each their own, just curious what others thought about the episode.

6. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

7. tele salivas

no, not disappointed, nor emotionally invested, really. Wasn't in the first Season, either. I'm along for the ride, but like any good roller-coaster there are going to be peaks and valleys, ramp ups to the big dips. I look forward to each week, and that hasn't diminished after the last episode.

I think Velcoro's question, "Am I supposed to solve this, or not?" says it all. :lol:

8. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Man I was totally hooked on the first season from the git-go. Harrelson and McCoughnahay (sp?) just floored me, I was all in.

9. fendertx

I agree, I was hooked on season one. It was so well done and the acting was top notch. This current season is good, but not like last season.

10. tele salivas

I've been watching with great interest, I love true crime, mob history, cops and robbers, Rockford Files, all that stuff. And True Detective is right up that alley, and obviously I'm here discussing it, but by it's very nature, a cops and robbers show, if somebody gets clipped, I figure that's par for the course. Like if Velcoro would have gotten whacked off (hehe) I would have been fine. But a lot of people seemed upset with that. I think it would have made it real innarestin. But this is fine, too. Velcoro is fun to watch. I like that Frank went all in to try ato go straight, did go straight, relatively speaking, had the right buffers and protections in place, but just when he thought he was out, they pulled him back in. He's got a big problem, and it's so close ot his nose he can't see it. He can smell it, though. It smells like...

11. Colo Springs E

12. tele salivas

lol!
    Blake and/or Jordan could very well have developed a taste for cheddar.

13. tele salivas

The lady who runs the bar where Velcoro hangs out and meets Frank now and then, she seems pretty concerned about Velcoro after his shooting. Kind of a motherly urgency to her concern. Look forward to finding out more about her.

14. Zillinois

Zillinois Friend of Leo's

oh man, ep 4. wow. Was that ending a total setup or just bad luck? ;)

15. fendertx

That shoot out scene really amped the episode and closed it with a frenetic feel.
    The fallout of that mess could take the story arc in several different directions.

16. Colo Springs E

That was a pretty intense ending. Frank probably won't be happy the bald headed guy is dead.

17. tele salivas

I was thinking that, too. Whoever made the call to raid the building instead of setting it up to take him much more easily as he was leaving, man oh man; they wanted fireworks, they got fireworks! As well as ensuring baldy's knowledge has died with him. That warehouse was a meth lab, is what I got.

18. stealyerface

stealyerface Tele-Afflicted

Total set up.

Someone called and let them know the raid was on. There is no other explanation for the automatic weapon fire coming form the second floor, before the cops even crossed the street.

Plus, any coincidence that the news teams and camera crews were there covering the transportation protest?

Frank somehow knows it is his building from 4 blocks away, and sends his wife back into the club? Already making meth there?

So the cop that was taking pictures of the gay/bi/ very confused cop, we need to figure out why he was spying on his own teammate... No one is going to ask him now.

And for what reason are the pressers all waiting outside the motel room the morning after another Brokeback episode. Really, all that press for one guy in the Black Mountain scandal??

The cavalry took way too long to arrive were it to be a real-life shootout. Do we infer that it was movie-making and adding to the drama of the three investigators being on their own, or do we realize that the cops held off coming with back up, to make sure the job got done with an over matched entry team?

Confused, but entertained.
    ~syf

19. kromanomo

kromanomo Tele-Afflicted

Oh man. What a crazy finish. I can't imagine where this will go from here.

20. tele salivas

Yeah, and now we got old pics of Caspere and the Mayor of Vinci hanging together in the spiritual-guru scene, doing the "deep trip" as well as the "all love-all one" thing, I reckon. That's another tunnel about to blow open here pretty soon. Frank is just getting hammered.

Best line of the night,
    Daddy Bezzerides:"You must have had hundreds of lives.”
    Velcoro : “I don’t know if I can handle another one.”

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.