1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

True Detective Season 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by stealyerface, Jun 22, 2015.

1. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

Yep, he certainly was weird and freaky in "Californication."

I too missed that he was wearing a vest. Was that shown or merely implied? I can't remember seeing it. Obviously, he not only has to survive, but he also has to get back on the job quickly if his character is to play a role in this.

2. FMA

I seemed to recall that that wasn't a bad movie. Been a long time since I've seen it, but I remember that it had some humor amongst the mayhem.

3. suave eddie

suave eddie Tele-Afflicted

Who was the guy that got maced and beat up?
    I've watched the episode twice and can't figure it out.
    Also second time watching it I looked for a vest and it does not appear that he is wearing one.

4. stealyerface

stealyerface Tele-Afflicted

I think it was a guy who was cashing in on Frank's turf. Mentioned something about a gambling ring, or booking bets or something...

This is what I was speaking about when I said that Frank was about to turn from "Guy with some hands in his pockets" to "Full-on Mobster" mode, now that he is bleeding capital.

I think we are going to see Frank turn the corner, and start calling in his heavies in an attempt to reconcile the cash he lost.

~syf

5. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

I guess this clears up quite a few aspects of the plot.

***Possible Spoilers***

:D

6. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

think its more than just getting some cash flow going, it's about him getting back some respect across the board. That guy that got set up for the macing and beating is running bookmaking operation out of the sweatshops and not kicking up, or paying the proper trbute. I'm sure there are lots of little operations liek that going on and Frank has to start making some statements to that end. Remember in that car ride, when he asked "AmI diminished? Is that how they see me?"
    Definitely a problem he's get to get on top of here, if not for his self-respect. get back to the nitty gritty. He's been working this big deal, but the bread and butter is intimidation,corruption and reprisal, to get people to do what you want.

7. Robert H.

Robert H. Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

8. tele salivas

:lol::lol::lol:

9. tele salivas

"....uhhh, pissed myself!"

:lol:

10. FMA

"What's that smell?"

I also liked "Talk to me like that again, and you'll need a little baggie to carry your teeth home."

And, "Is that a (bleeping) e-cigarette?"

11. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

So what did everyone think of last night? It's about halfway done, right?

12. harlycarly

harlycarly Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I'm in it for the duration, but wonder what percentage already bailed. It surely isn't getting any easier to follow.

13. FMA

I think it's beginning to coalesce. And I think that the characters are coming into sharper focus. As far as the plot, it's meant to be murky - that's a very traditional noir thing.

I believe the run is eight episodes so it's approaching the halfway point.

14. stealyerface

Frank has a dark, hidden side, and I think that he has kept it under wraps for the purpose of going "legit", but the onion is being peeled, and the layers underneath are bad. Real bad. The pliers job on the gold teeth was certainly sending a message...

With the agencies trying to pit the main players against one another, I am assuming the level of crookedness is rather high up in both agencies... At some point Velcoro and Bezzerides need to sit down and figure out who is trying to undo who...

Paul certainly has some issues, the least of which is his Brokeback Baghdad tour of duty that left him injured, and obviously regretting his nights in the barracks with the dark haired soldier. He certainly seemed a bit uncomfortable talking with folks in the gay nightclub...

I think we are about to see that Jordan has a much larger role in Frank's troubles than we are led to believe with the barren-housewife bit. I smell trouble there, and she knows a lot more about the situation at hand... perhaps something with the Russians, and might Frank's troubles be right under his nose... or in his house?

Good episode last night, and I will watch it again to catch some of the dialogue that gets missed the first time around.

~syf

15. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

The pace seems to have gotten better and it is a much easier watch. Of course, that could be because the main players and the gist of the plot are understood better.
    I thought the scene between Velcoro and his ex was good. Despite some serious issues between the two, there is a level of caring there. He now knows the state is focusing on him and he is looking to his new partner for help. Totally vested at this point.

16. stealyerface

Okay, the masked-figure running away from the burning caddy, ran like a girl. I watched the chase scene again. Did not have the gait of a man, and seemed more nimble than a hired gun...

Perhaps the scarred bartender lady in the Cantina that has expressed some interest in the meetings between Frank and Velcoro?

~syf

17. tele salivas

Everybody is wearing masks of some sort.

18. suave eddie

suave eddie Tele-Afflicted

What did the other cop say to her to prompt that remark? I backed it up three times to listen to it and could not make out exactly what he said.

19. Zillinois

Zillinois Friend of Leo's

ok, not a vest, but the old "sit back down" shots from the Raven headed shotgun shooter. I have a feeling like season 1, there really isn't much mystery going on here, and it's really about the actors/characters.

20. stealyerface

He said, "You're a real suck 'em and leave type huh".

~syf

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.