TRRI vs Twin Amp.

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by supersoldier71, Jul 27, 2014.

1. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Tele-Holic

What are the differences? Are they related? There's one for sale here in a shop but I didn't have time to play through it.

2. Del Pickup

Del Pickup Poster Extraordinaire

Which model of 'Twin' are you referring to? There's a 57 Tweed Twin which is a totally different amp to the Twin Reverb - which is different to the 'Red Knob' Twins from the 80's/90's.

3. supersoldier71

It was a black face but didn't have red knobs.

Stumped me but I'm no amp expert, Fender or otherwise.

4. supersoldier71

Nothing? Hmmm.

I must play this amp! I had to run through Guitar Center for some stuff and it was still there.

5. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

Have a look at the Fender Amp Field Guide. There's a few that fit that discription and you should be able to narrow it down a specific model there.

6. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

The amp known as 'The Twin' had red knobs and a grey cloth. There were 4 inputs sitting in between the two channels. This amp was produced from 1987 - 1994.
    The 'Twn Amp' was introduced in 1991. There are two input jacks on the far left of the front panel.
    Other than those obviously frotn panel differences, it is easy to distinguish these amps from each other and from Twin Reverbs. On the front of the 'The Twin'...."The Twin' is on a logo in the upper right hand corner of the grille cloth. "Twin Amp'' is printed on the front panel of the amp that was introduced in 1991. Twin Reverbs have Twin Reverb or Twin Reverb Amp printed on the front panel....depending on the era.

7. dannyh

dannyh Tele-Afflicted

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.