Troubleshooting TC electronic T2 Reverb

erratick

Tele-Holic
TC electronic T2 Reverb (a rebadged HOF with different paint and presets for Guitar Center) wet signal is now just white noise. Slightly different white noise depending on settings.

Mix knob works- when I turn it down it has the guitar come through clean and clear.

Tried it on 9V and plug. Same results. Tried a couple different cables that work fine with other pedals.

No burning smell, looks clean on the inside. Pedal is 6 years old I expect, so out of 5 year warranty period.

Any suggestions on next steps?

Digital Larry

Friend of Leo's
This is probably an indication of a bad solder joint somewhere in the digital circuitry.
a) Very hard to diagnose without a proper schematic and understanding of how the circuit works, and an oscilloscope.
b) Probably very hard to resolve without some kind of precision soldering iron or reflow tool.

I had an Adrenalinn pedal that would do this because of a slightly loose socket holding the firmware chip. Press on the chip and it would resolve - for about half an hour.

I also had a Johnson J-Station where the S/PDIF out would do that "after awhile". It's enough to make you stop playing!