Trouble powering Whammy with Pedal Power 2

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by SixStringSlinger, Oct 23, 2019.

1. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I got inspired by the "wooden pedalboards" thread and the results of my searching IKEA pedalboards, and I started finally getting my pedalboard together. So far so good, but I'm having trouble with one aspect.

I'm using two Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus power supplies (lots of pedals), one into the other. Everyone powers up fine aside from my Digitech Whammy V. Unless I'm very much mistaken, this pedal takes 9 volts like most of my others. I believe the issue is with the current requirements, which if I recall is 1500ma. I have a couple of free spots on the power supplies, and I know Voodoo Labs sells some kind of "combined current" cable that basically lets me use two power outputs for one pedal. Would this work?

The only other thing I can think of is to plug the wall wart the Whammy came with into the back of one power supply. However, since I already have another wall wart plugged into one of the power supplies (for a pedal that requires 15 volts), I'd have to plug each power supply into the wall separately. I'd like to keep everything on one plug, which leads me to something like this:

upload_2019-10-23_9-24-26.png

Would this be safe to use in this application?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.