Trouble Drag-And-Dropping Pictures In Posts?

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by unixfish, May 27, 2020.

1. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

When I drag and drop a picture from my PC into the text box, occasionally the browser will just display the picture. My only option is to use the back icon, which erases the text I typed before I dragged the picture. Sometimes it takes me three or four tries to get a picture into a post.

I've learned to copy my text before dragging pictures - too many times I've lost a long post and have to start over.

Is it just me? Google Chrome? I think I have this problem on both my home laptop (Dell running Linux) and my work laptop (Lenovo running Windows 10), but I am using Chrome and a Logitech M325 on both. I also have problems with a Toshiba Chromebook, also with a Logitech M325.

It seems this picture issue started a few months ago? It could just me be. I have noticed if I hover over the box too long, it starts to flash, and dropping then wipes out my text. If I drag and drop too quickly I lose my text.

I also posted this in the Bad Dog to see if anyone else responds.

2. unixfish

This is a bunch of text to test with a bunch of text and pictures using FireFox.

20200527_194703.jpg

20200527_200829.jpg
    20200527_200802.jpg 20200527_194703.jpg

3. unixfish

Interesting - I cannot get drag and drop to fail using FireFox; I am having issues with Google Chrome. Looks like I answered my question. If anybody else asks, maybe this is a suggestion.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.