Trip to Guitar Center, etc. etc.

tubedude

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
That guitar reminds me of a car my uncle (owned a body shop) once worked on. Well, the car was totaled in a head on collision. So Uncle found another car just like it that was totaled in a rear end collision, chopped the cars in half right behind the driver's seat and welded the remaining good parts together to make a new car. Mind blown!

Problem with that guitar, is if you're playing a gig and overhear some super hottie chics talking.
Chic A: "I like the one with the blue guitar!"
Chic B: "Oh I like the one with the red one, I'm gonna take him home and @#$% his %$*& all night!"
You look back and notice the bass player has a blue bass, and the other guitarist has a red one. How confusing will that be?
No confusion, take point and approach Chic B!

clingin_on

Tele-Meister
It is good to hear a GC story that involves employees being helpful and leaving with what you went for

For what it's worth, I have only ever received friendly, courteous service from the people at Guitar Center Chicago.

I think the guitar is nice, however probably wouldn't personally outlay the cash and strap it on.

3fngrs

Poster Extraordinaire
That guitar is pretty ok. Kind of like it, wouldn't own it. If a buddy showed up with it for a jam, I'd compliment it.

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Last time I went to GC it was very hard to buy something. I did make my purchase but the only person who wanted to help was a trainee who didn't know how. As for Neil Young After the Gold Rush is his peak. I just listened to the three new songs you can preview on iTunes. They are sad. He has nothing left and that's fine he's done enough.

As for the 335, pick one color.

Flat6Driver

Friend of Leo's
Is that an Epi 335?

I think so. Definitely an Epiphone.

Last time I went to GC it was very hard to buy something. I did make my purchase but the only person who wanted to help was a trainee who didn't know how. As for Neil Young After the Gold Rush is his peak. I just listened to the three new songs you can preview on iTunes. They are sad. He has nothing left and that's fine he's done enough.

As for the 335, pick one color.

I'd probably debate you on the goalposts of his career, but he's definitely past his prime. I actually found myself tuning out until the next song I knew came on. Should this make me sad? I dunno. The Stones have a lot of crap out there, but I guess I was never as much a fan. The old stuff takes me back to college (when it was already 20~ years old) and so I have some nice memories of trading tapes and chasing down the old albums from the used shops. Listen to the EKTIN and the long jams, fantastic. The late 70s stuff...RNS, LR and then coming back hard with Freedom. The new stuff...wow. I couldn't event equate an emotion from the *songs* because the lyrics were just sort of mush in my brain - I don't recall any of it. The *vibe* of it was, sort of lazy and unfinished. Sort of looking back but not really. It's better to burn out than it is to rust....this feels like rust.

Last edited:

Wildeman

Tele-Holic
I was in there last week buying a new Katana mini, old one crapped out, i saw these:cool:
20211129_101528.jpg
:eek:

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
Last night I took a trip to Guitar Center, the whole drive over I pondered the scientific method and the circumference of large bodies and the earth's rotation.

I went to buy some speakers to be used as monitors in my basement. I went into the acoustic room to browse a little and a guy was in there playing note perfect renditions of Crazy on You and some Fleetwood Mac. Showoff. Maybe I should spend more time on my technique.

I saw this guitar. I can't decide if it's cool or if it's trying too hard.

The place was empty. I talked to the cashiers about how empty it was and they said it was slammed an hour earlier. But they are short staffed. I asked if it was pandemic or other reasons. They asked me to draw my own conclusions. The young lady helped me carry one of the speakers to the car.

On the way home I listened to the special Neil Young channel on SeriesXM. I used to be a big Neil fan. I heard a version of Pocohontas where they seemed to have overdubbed new parts. Or my memory is faulty. They played a lot of the new album. I cannot say I'm a fan of it. It doesn't do a thing for me. That makes me terribly sad, but I don't think I've bought any new Neil albums since Are You Passionate? so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

I did a poor job of selecting speakers as I cannot hook this up how I intended. When I go back tonight to exchange them maybe I will have some new stories.

Rock on.

View attachment 926983

Looks like the painter was trying to use up whatever was left in the canisters before cleaning at the end of the day.

And, yeah, I'm a huge NY fan (just got Shakespeare Live), but I also just watched/listened to his new song 'Welcome Back' from Barn. I couldn't get past 20sec unfortunately, which made me feel bad. But hey, he'll leave this world with a guitar in hand. That's for sure. Nothing but respect.