1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Trimmed and Burnin' amps - opinions?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by boneyguy, Jun 24, 2014.

1. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

Got an opportunity to purchase a Trimmed and Burnin' amp...I believe the model is called a '59'er'...a clone of a 59 Deluxe but this is in a 2x10 cab. Funny thing is I know the original owner...he sold it many years ago and can't remember too many details about it.

Anyway, the guy selling is asking $500 which sounds like a pretty good deal. Couldn't find a lot of info online about these amps....made by Shannon Coberly in Bellingham, WA....a bit of info on TDPRI but not much. Everything I've read sounds good though.

Any experience or opinions on the matter?

Here's the amp in question. It was covered by my friend, the original owner, who also built the cool back-lit logo.

Attached Files:

2. daddyopapa

daddyopapa Tele-Afflicted

T&B used to sponsor a blues festival near here in Chilliwack. They offered T&B amps as a backline. Sounded really good.

3. Bush Wiebe

Bush Wiebe Tele-Meister

If you don't want it, I do!!!

I have one of Shannon's guitars and have wanted one of his amps to go with it for a long time. He doesn't make amps anymore so I need to find a used one somewhere. I've been looking for a long time! Although if you buy it, I think you'll love it.

4. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Poster Extraordinaire

Look at it like this:

A handwired 210 tube amp. Built in the US.

Nicely done cab (looks from the pictures anyway)

2 weber speakers

tweed deluxe type circuit.

Not sure you're gonna find anything else comparable at that price, whether hand made or off the rack.

I know nothing about that company, but if I was looking for an amp in the ballpark of those specs, I'm inclined to think that $500 would be worth the gamble...if it is used (and it is) then you should be able to unload it for close to what you pay for it, if you don't like it.

5. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

Thanks for the input guys. I'm planning to take the 45min drive up the highway this week to have a look at it. I couldn't find any demos on YT but I listened to some videos of The Johnny Mannion Band who apparently uses T&B gear and it sounded good to me.

I'll let y'all know what happens....especially you BushWeibe....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.