tried out a fancy chorus pedal at guitar center yesterday...

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
I've never seen Cabaret. But I want to.
check it out , when you watch the movie you'll see that she looks exactly the same in the film as when film was originally made.
The really sad part is that shes a terrible actress. She was doing her best impression of
May West through the film because she thought it would be classy. Joel Grey Sells the film .

fenderchamp

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
check it out , when you watch the movie you'll see that she looks exactly the same in the film as when film was originally made.
The really sad part is that shes a terrible actress. She was doing her best impression of
May West through the film because she thought it would be classy. Joel Grey Sells the film

'you'll see that she looks exactly the same in the film as when film was originally made'. I'm afraid that I don't parse this as meaningful English.

I don't have a lot of background in the criticism of Broadway musicals, and while I certainly loved Joel Grey in Cabaret, I have to say

1. Liza was excellent.
2. All of the numbers were excellent.
3. the plot and screenplay were excellent.
4. The sentiment was touching
5. I can see the May West thing, but I think Liza's performance in all of its aspects stands on it's own, in spite of what she might of said herself

I think your review of her and the film is unfair, there is a Whole Lot More to the movie than Joel Grey.

Yesyoudidyouare

Tele-Meister
EHX makes very good chorus. I wouldnt call it "syrupy" but the Small Clone, I mean Nirvana made a career out of thatpedal.

Maxon is probably very good.

Yesyoudidyouare

Tele-Meister
I have a Fender Bubbler Chorus, its pretty nice and it has a few extra options.

As Stated there is the Small Clone which is pretty nice and very much simplified.

One thing about chorus, generally each chorus pedal has its own sound. Each brand.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
'you'll see that she looks exactly the same in the film as when film was originally made'. I'm afraid that I don't parse this as meaningful English.

I don't have a lot of background in the criticism of Broadway musicals, and while I certainly loved Joel Grey in Cabaret, I have to say

1. Liza was excellent.
2. All of the numbers were excellent.
3. the plot and screenplay were excellent.
4. The sentiment was touching
5. I can see the May West thing, but I think Liza's performance in all of its aspects stands on it's own, in spite of what she might of said herself

I think your review of her and the film is unfair, there is a Whole Lot More to the movie than Joel Grey.
poe-tato pah-tato great film , with out a doubt.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the film. What's she doing lately.
I had a Mikey Rooney dream once, you know the one were he goes
" Hey kids lets do a show!" she was in that dream.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Every actor looks exactly the same in a film as when the film was made.
Because it's a film and that's what they looked like when it was made.
Very good 3 points! and the performance doesn't change with age.
If you make a 3 point shot and you film the shot, being made, hit or miss
it will always be the same , right? every time that you show the film,
exactly the same.

fenderchamp

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I didn't know there were fancy chorus pedals.
When your tele is as fancy as the one in your avatar, maybe the chorus wouldn't seem all that fancy. The pedal I tried out at GC was fancy for sure by my not so fancy standards, even the name, The Suhr Alexa Dual Wave Multi..'uh I forgot the rest', is super fancy and long. It reads like a fancy entree description at a fancy restaurant. Fancy as velvet knickers!

eclecticsynergy

Friend of Leo's
I'm a fan of the Neunaber Inspire chorus pedal. Some insanely great hi-fi options that include tri chorus, rotary style chorus/vibrato layering, chorus+ echo, and genuine 80s studio style chorus + micropitch.

Definitely best for post-gain use in an EFX loop, though, not for straight into an amp input.

CCK1

Tele-Afflicted
When your tele is as fancy as the one in your avatar, maybe the chorus wouldn't seem all that fancy. The pedal I tried out at GC was fancy for sure by my not so fancy standards, even the name, The Suhr Alexa Dual Wave Multi..'uh I forgot the rest', is super fancy and long. It reads like a fancy entree description at a fancy restaurant. Fancy as velvet knickers!
“Fancy as velvet knickers!” Love that expression!

eclecticsynergy

Friend of Leo's
The old Danelectro CoolCat chorus, too, back when they were in a case with chrome trim like a car. Very similar to the CE-2 - even uses the same chip, I've been told by those who know more than I.

I like the CoolCat Vibe too - real photocell vibe for dirt cheap; I got mine for under $30 each.
Not super tweakable like fancy ones but it's the OG vibe sound.

Not sure, but I think when Dano switched to the wedge casings they altered some of the circuits.

Last edited:

tiktok

Poster Extraordinaire
The UD Stomp is about as fancy as it gets in a pedal. Eight separate delay lines, each with its own delay time, feedback, modulation, stereo position, hi and low pass filters. I do wish it had selectable waveforms for the modulation.

fenderchamp

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I'm a fan of the Neunaber Inspire chorus pedal. Some insanely great hi-fi options that include tri chorus, rotary style chorus/vibrato layering, chorus+ echo, and genuine 80s studio style chorus + micropitch.

Definitely best for post-gain use in an EFX loop, though, not for straight into an amp input.
/me has never had an effects loop...

uh.. I guess that's a lie, I had one on a 3 channel Ampeg head I had in the 90s. I don't think I ever use it though. I plugged in to the amp with a tube screamer and a delay (an old boss pitch shifter delay) and a cry baby. It sounded ok with my strat at the time.

Last edited:

beep.click

Poster Extraordinaire
My favorite chorus pedal these days is an Empress phaser. Which is, of course, cheating. But I can get a very very subtle chorusey swirl that is just Goldilocks.