About six months ago I purchased a 6G9 head in a very sorry state from a well known local musician. That makes this amp a bit special, so I'd like to keep it reasonable original and, at the same time, usable. It came with the bare wood head cab, very beat and no covering, and no speaker cab. So in spite of what I just said, I plan to convert it to a Vibrolux by putting it in a combo cab with an open back. I'll make that myself and build it as close to period as I can. I'll leave the very beat up faceplate on it, though. Incidentally, the same guy had two full to the brim lockups full of gear, including one of Rauri Gallegher's Vox AC-30s for sale, in reasonable condition. That was gone when I got there. Anyhow, way to large for me! He also had a 55 Les Paul, a 65 Strat, several dozen other miscellaneous guitars amps, mandolins. He died a couple of months after I bought this, but I did buy his last stage guitar, a cheap SX Strat copy, which is actually a pretty good instrument. So, the Tremolux. The innards I'd like to keep reasonable original, especially the moulded coupling caps. I have no way of testing those in situ, but I'll get an ESR meter and try them after I replace the resistors. I know, I'm probably dreaming about the caps, but I'm going to try them at the very least. Almost all of the resistors have drifted. I'm considering using carbon resistors throughout. I know they are noisier, but the must have been just as noisy in 1962, so all part of the charm, eh? The cathode bypass caps are junk as well, but I will see if I can't fit the new ones inside of the old doubles. It'll be fun to try anyhow. A couple of the pots were seized, including one oddball which I found difficult to get, but managed thanks to eBay - a 3.5M - speed for the tremolo. The PT seems to be intact. The OT is shot, and that's probably a mercy since it's an awful looking contraption that's been wired in with what looks to be the remnants of a power lead. I'd say it's what took the amp out of service god knows how many years ago. The socket pins are a lovely shade of green. I've tested a little contact cleaner though, and they seem to clean up okay, so hopefully I can save those. The vulcanised circuit board is intact, though it's very wavy. I'm hoping against hope that it will survive the trip out of the chassis and live to fight another day, but I think the insulator strip underneath ought to be replaced. Here are a few pics.