Tremolo has stopped working on ALL of my tube amps.

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by RatherBeFishing, Jan 22, 2013.

1. RatherBeFishing

RatherBeFishing Tele-Afflicted

The DRRI either stopped working again or I was just misinterpreting it as working. Trem and stays ON with jack slightly unplugged (one click back), Reverb does ON/OFF with it completely plugged in but no trem.

I peeked in the chassis and it looks like the darker of the two input jack's wires is a little weak/broken just above the solder point and very "bendy" for lack of a better term. Gosh Fender, can't you afford to put a little bit bigger wires there!?

I like the dummy plug idea the most. I've never been able to get used to stomping on stuff while playing any way. I guess that the next thing I should try is resoldering the input jack.

2. RatherBeFishing

RatherBeFishing Tele-Afflicted

Ah-Ha! The Culprit!!

Thanks for the help. Sorry for making this more difficult than it had to be. :oops:

Attached Files:

3. drett

drett TDPRI Member

Resurrecting old thread here, I know, but it's the darndest thing, my tremolo was not working on my old Lafayette tube amp and was making an oscillating noise at high volumes. I plugged it into a different outlet, and voila!, everything works fine.

Can't imagine what other variable there could be, so I do think home electrical can have something to do with this!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.