1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tremolo has stopped working on ALL of my tube amps.

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by RatherBeFishing, Jan 22, 2013.

1. RatherBeFishing

RatherBeFishing Tele-Afflicted

The DRRI either stopped working again or I was just misinterpreting it as working. Trem and stays ON with jack slightly unplugged (one click back), Reverb does ON/OFF with it completely plugged in but no trem.

I peeked in the chassis and it looks like the darker of the two input jack's wires is a little weak/broken just above the solder point and very "bendy" for lack of a better term. Gosh Fender, can't you afford to put a little bit bigger wires there!?

I like the dummy plug idea the most. I've never been able to get used to stomping on stuff while playing any way. I guess that the next thing I should try is resoldering the input jack.

2. RatherBeFishing

RatherBeFishing Tele-Afflicted

Ah-Ha! The Culprit!!

Thanks for the help. Sorry for making this more difficult than it had to be. :oops:

Attached Files:

3. drett

drett TDPRI Member

Resurrecting old thread here, I know, but it's the darndest thing, my tremolo was not working on my old Lafayette tube amp and was making an oscillating noise at high volumes. I plugged it into a different outlet, and voila!, everything works fine.

Can't imagine what other variable there could be, so I do think home electrical can have something to do with this!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.