Trem pedal recommendations?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by srblue5, Jun 12, 2021.

1. mmannaxx

mmannaxx Tele-Meister

I too wanteed reverb and trem occasionally when playing my 57 tweed deluxe clone. I picked up a Mr. Black pedals Deluxe Plus on sale. Think I paid $100 for it but normally it sells for $179. They now have a Deluxe Deluxe Plus version that has separate switches for each effect but I am fine with mine as I use just a little verb with the trem.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  2. reedrainey

reedrainey TDPRI Member

I use the Demeter Tremulator. Got the idea from a Clapton rig list and it filled the bill and sounds uncontrived and natural. I also have/had an Ernie Ball Expression pedal, offering a variety of tremolo types that's so complete I quit looking for others and am supremely happy with these two.

3. Ex-riverman

Ex-riverman Tele-Holic

Seymour Duncan Shapeshifter is great!

4. Track29

Track29 TDPRI Member

5. Mr_Martin

Mr_Martin Tele-Afflicted

I had a lot of Tremolo Pedals but my cheapest ist the best:
    Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo

6. Rayf_Brogan

Rayf_Brogan Tele-Meister

Rocktron Surf Trem, tremolo and compressor with built in noise gate.

7. GearGeek01

GearGeek01 Tele-Meister

For most all of my stomper needs lately I just go straight to the Source Audio One Series. Their offering for Tremolo is the Vertigo Tremolo. Like all of the One Series pedals, it is stereo. Also, all of their One Series pedals are easy to use right out of the box and have stellar sounds.

Here's the One Series page:
    https://www.sourceaudio.net/products-one-series.html

Here's the Vertigo Tremolo page:
    https://www.sourceaudio.net/vertigo-tremolo.html

PLUS >> with their (free) Neuro Desktop Editor (also VERY easy to use) one pedal turns into many pedals.

Here is a screen shot I made of all the different tremolo algorithms in the Vertigo (from the free Neuro Desktop Editor):
    Vertigo Neuro algorithm list.jpg

So, buy the Vertigo, and with that Neuro software and a USB cable, you now have 24 tremolo types.

Price is $169.00 (MAP) at Sweetwater or your favorite store.
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VertigoTremolo--source-audio-vertigo-tremolo-pedal

Plus the Source Audio customer service is beyond the best I have ever found for any product music related or not.

Here's a short story of just how great their customer service really is...

I bought one of their older Orbital Modulator pedals USED on Reverb. I got it and even when I read the manual about a dozen times I couldn't figure it out (I'm not a reader I hate all manuals). I emailed Source Audio customer service about the pedal. The guy that emailed me back a YouTube video he made just for me:

That's some personal touch customer service right there!!

THEN... it just didn't seem like the pedal I had did the things the pedal he was using in the video, and I had found a Guitar Center demo and my pedal wasn't reacting like the pedal in that video either.

So, I emailed the guy at Source Audio... (remember I bought this pedal USED on Reverb). He told me that it might be that the pedal was defective. So, AT HIS EXPENSE they paid shipping both ways. He sent me a shipping label, so I sent him the pedal.

He received the pedal, put it on the bench, and sure enough the main knob you rotate that chooses the modulation types was malfunctioning. So he emails me back, tells me about the malfunction... Then he tells me he is going to send me a NOS (New Old Stock) Orbital Modulator to replace the one I had sent him. WAIT... WHAT ??? Remember, I bought this USED on Reverb. He didn't blink an eye and a few days later I had the NOS pedal. It wasn't a brand new, never been used pedal, it was one they had open box in mint condition.

SOLD !!!!

The personal touch and awesome customer service experience sold me on their brand. He also walked me through various aspects of their One Series pedals as far as telling me about the Neuro Desktop Editor, and how all of their pedals can be tied in with MIDI through their Neuro Hub pedal.

If they were a pro football team, I would paint my face and color my hair Source Audio team colors. Yes, I am beyond a fan of their gear, I am definitely a fanatic of their gear. I know there is beucoup competition for stomp boxes these days, but this is my suggestion and some of the reason I don't travel too far from Source Audio when buying gear.

8. Hoodster

Hoodster Friend of Leo's

H2O is a great pedal but it is not a trem pedal.

9. mad dog

mad dog Friend of Leo's

Basic Audio Throbby Trem. I've owned many trems, some of them quite excellent. This BA pedal is the one that most impresses.

10. Track29

Track29 TDPRI Member

Technically you're right, but the V3 has the Vibrato option. And yes, tremolo and vibrato are two different things and are often confused with each other.

11. Vibroluxer

Vibroluxer TDPRI Member

Ive used, and been happy with, the Voodoo Lab Trem. Waiting on a Supro now.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.