Trapped

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Mjark, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

That’s a tough place to be. I’ll bet he really values your friendship.

1955 likes this.
  2. timgreene

timgreene Tele-Afflicted

Body Fat is our Band. We play a show every couple months or so. Get together, practice, and hangout about once a week. I am the bass player. My friend plays guitar and electronic synths and keyboards.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  3. kbold

kbold Friend of Leo's

This post gives me recall of a visit to a nursing home, to visit a friend who was not in a good condition.
    What affected me the most though, was when I was leaving: in the hallway, the look of desperation for the slightest bit of recognition or attention on an old ladies face.
    Haunting.

Keep up the visits.

4. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

It's the name of a band.

5. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I was shocked at his circumstance. It's one thing to be losing one's self sufficiency and function but to be shut up with no one you can even talk to. That's what I found the most horrifying. It's likely true I won't be able to get him out of there.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  6. Doctorx33

Doctorx33 Friend of Leo's

You’re the best kind of friend. Utterly and completely. I don’t have the right words to say but I bless you and your friend. Stay with him, keep him engaged, and love him. Make it clear to him he’ll never be alone.

1955 likes this.
  7. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

That has got to be rough, hopefully he can find some sort of inner peace, and you are a good person to help him with that quest.

1955 likes this.
  8. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

You’re a true friend!
    It’s very kind of you to visit, and bring him books.
    Maybe you could take him out for some food, even if it’s fast food you can eat in the car?

Shuster and 1955 like this.
  9. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

WRT taking someone who has parkinsons out on excursions, my friend who brought his wife to their 12 step meetings had reached a point where he was no longer physically able to lift her in and out of the reclining wheelchair, so she was in a nursing home.
    They were both probably over 70 and he hung on as long as he could.
    Another friend whose Dad needed a wheelchair van was a meeting member; that 60yo son transported his elder Father around, he would go with the husband of the woman with parkinsons to the nursing home and they would get her into the wheelchair van, into the meeting, back into the van, and back into the nursing home.

So it is doable but would likely require lots of planning.
    Seems like a nursing home would have some way to get access to a chair car or wheelchair van, but it might take searching for a service provider that does that.
    We have a local lumber yard where they solicit donated handicapped gear and give away wheelchairs and walkers etc.
    There's gotta be some sort of services available, call visiting nurses, meals on wheels etc until you get a yes.
    A hospital would have lists of service providers too and also know of possible financial aid for such.
    Could easily be $1000 normal charge to transport in a medical context, yet some agencies see the value in charitable help.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  10. Shuster

Shuster Poster Extraordinaire

What a Great Friend you are!! People like you are a couple of million to 1 these days!! People just don't seem to have the time for anybody but themselves anymore? Bless You Brother!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.