Trade in my Blues jr for the Super champ 2x Cab and head?

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by stepvan, Oct 2, 2019.

1. stepvan

stepvan Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Yeah it seems people are split about the cab. it seemed fine when I tried one out but you never get the right feeling whether or not you will like it long term from playing in a store especially when everyone else is trying to determine the same thing.

2. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

There was no one else in the shop and I played it with the Greta I eventually bought.

I guess it might be different to take it home and try it with more of my gear.

3. stepvan

Update: I finally made a decision and traded My blues Jr this weekend for a new Bassbreaker 15. the one thing I lacked with the Blues Jr was without a boost pedal the amp by its self was too clean. I am not a huge pedal guy running a tape delay and reverb pedal and pretty much that's it. I prefer the natural drive of the amp as opposed to pedal O.D. anyone have one of these they have put some miles on and their experience with it?

4. stepvan

Yeah you musta saw my listing on Letgo hahaha

5. stepvan

Well I looked and looked for that Traynor model and could not find one listed at this time. I am gonna keep on the radar and buy one when a decent one pops up. As far as the Blues Jr I sold it this past weekend and ordered a Bluesbreaker 15. I will do a N.A.D. when I get a minute it seems that not to many talk about that amp on here.

6. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

If You're a confirmed Fender Guy. I'll be of no help to any of You.
    For - The Rest, that Peavey Studio Pro - the first one - that sucker may just be "The One."
    A Holy Grail Amp. I think they were maybe 20 watts and they'd make a Telecaster sound like nothing else
    I've ever heard regardless of pricing.

The Blues Junior is smooth - just not smooth like that first generation Studio Pro Peavey made.

Hey Every time Chet was on ACL the set was literally a Peavey Catalog.
    No one was smoother than Chet Atkins.

7. BeatlesAreMyJam

BeatlesAreMyJam Tele-Afflicted

First time I have heard anyone criticize a low headroom 15w BJ of being too clean.

;)

BTW I feel the same way about the lowly Blues Junior. I’ve had at least five of them through the years.

Have u gigged the BB15 yet? I’d love an update after u do. They are sweet looking amps. $500-600ish, right??

BTW the PRO JUNIOR is an excellent option if you want killer OD at a reasonable volume. For $1500 u could own all three and cover a **** ton of sonic territory...

Daytona.57 likes this.
  8. BeatlesAreMyJam

BeatlesAreMyJam Tele-Afflicted

Here’s a game...

How many BLUES JUNIORS have YOU owned??

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.