1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tour De France????

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by G.Rotten, Jul 24, 2019.

1. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Afflicted

Stopped watching the Tour years back in 2006, when pretty much everyone ever racing from the 1990s onwards was caught pants down for doping - including winners Armstrong, Riis, Ullrich, Contador, Landis.
    They completely killed the sport for me.

rstaaf likes this.
  2. chet again

chet again Friend of Leo's

Oh well, a lot of us riders still enjoy watching it.

LAPlayer likes this.
  3. LAPlayer

LAPlayer Tele-Meister

I'm watching while wearing a proximity suit and SCBA. It's wonderful to see the scenery and watch the strategies at work. Martinez had a fantastic finish yesterday.

trev333 likes this.
  4. LAPlayer

LAPlayer Tele-Meister

I'm not sure I follow. I watch every year and the coverage is the same - fantastic. Are you watching the official Tour on NBCSports? Those guys have been doing the Tour for .... over a decade and many actually raced the Tour. I watch from start to finish - not post-race analysis - and it's always spot on. In fact I generally think the coverage is too much as it causes too many vehicles and camera-cycles on the route.

5. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

fun stage today..not.. a hundred k's of jostling in the pack and chasing breakaways... then a cat 1 climb, followed by another one soon after...down that range then up a bigger one to finish....

bit of a leg burner...:eek::lol:

[​IMG]

6. Buckaroo65

Buckaroo65 Tele-Holic

Wow! Bernal and Quintana dropped! Pogacar for the win...

7. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

A clinic in unselfish teamwork, from Jumbo Visma, today.

LAPlayer likes this.
  8. jimd

jimd Friend of Leo's

This year’s race is very exciting to watch. The top GC guys are still fighting it out and there is no one dominating. Add to it, the Bora guys completely blowing up the peloton to try to get Sagan back in the green jersey, and you have some crazy stages.

9. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I've been watching daily highlights of the Giro de Rosa womans tour in Italy...

stage 3 yesterday they finished at monastery on a hill in Assisi... the last 700M was straight up...

it was so steep at the finish line people had to catch or push the bikes as they got over the line so they didn't fall over or roll back down hill...:eek:

soon as they stopped pedaling the bikes stopped with zero roll on... and the riders were gassed just getting to the line.....

Flaneur likes this.
  10. DNestler

DNestler Tele-Meister

Enjoying the fact the EF1 is doing well with Dan Martinez getting a stage win and Rigoberto Uran in 3rd. It would be nove the Uran on the podium

I've been following Vaughters since he started the team as Slipstream. I like his approach to reforming the sport.

I saw the start in Cambridge England in 2014. That was pretty anticlimatic. We arrived hours ahead of time got a good spot near the round church. The peloton went by in 45 seconds. Scored an umbrella and a couple of pens. meh.

The tour usually has a stage within an hour of where we live in France now. They've been through Saint Quentin, Reims, Lille, etc. But this year they're staying south of the Loire for some reason. And they haven't been in Brittany in years. Call it the tour of southern France.

I'll go see a mountain stage someday. Col de Colombier isn't too far for a weekend trip. Though I'd love to go see l'Alp de Huez.

Daniel

trev333 likes this.
  11. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

It's interesting to me when I watch the coverage that there are throngs of people lining the Tour route, and I see almost no one wearing a mask. This despite reading articles that France is working hard to manage the pandemic and "live with" it, and that in general people are actually doing a good job of wearing masks and physically distancing. Not sure what to make of it, but it would be a shame if the TdF were to cause a spike in cases.

12. LAPlayer

LAPlayer Tele-Meister

I haven't seen that at all. It is required along the race and I haven't seen a person without one.

13. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

Huh- I’ve been watching thev15 minute stage summaries and see almost zero masks. Today when Astana stopped as their leader abandoned, bystanders on the scene were ver close and none were wearing masks...

14. koen

koen Friend of Leo's

Amazing stage today, most exciting of this year!

kingofdogs1950 likes this.
  15. edvard

edvard Tele-Afflicted

icwydt.jpeg

16. LAPlayer

LAPlayer Tele-Meister

It's been a fast well-contested race this year. Even without most of the top names in contention (or even in the race).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.