Top hat for avri 64

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by J200george, Dec 11, 2019.

1. J200george

J200george TDPRI Member

No idea how I’ve managed to lose the black top hat on my candy red avri 64 telecaster. I’m usually really careful with my guitars.

Will any telecaster top hat switch tip do? Does it matter? I’ve no intention of selling my baby. I guess it’s only a reissue and not an actual 64, so is a switch tip just a switch tip?

2. Joe M

Joe M Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Most tips will fit, but I've found that some other than MIA don't quite, the slot for the switch is just a bit too small. Most after-market tips will fit also, but some don't. Not trying to be a smart arse here, just saying what's happened to me. OEM Fender tips will fit, but they'll cost twice as much as after-market.

J200george likes this.
  3. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

The Fender part number is 0994937000 and an eye watering £12 and upwards for a pack of 2.
    The Allparts SK-0713-023 one is suitable for Oak Grigsby and CRL switches and usually a lot cheaper.

J200george likes this.
  4. Jim W

Jim W Friend of Leo's

There goes your tone. I use a little Elmer's glue on mine. Have not lost one in years.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.