Top brands for neck replacements?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Kpar17, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Kpar17

Kpar17 TDPRI Member

hello,

I am wanting to buy a roasted maple neck for my CV blonde tele. I have hear of some brands like Warmoth, Allparts, USACG. Was wanting to hear what y’alls opinions were regarding these brands and their products. I would like something I can screw on and start playing with not as much work and setup prior to. Thank you

PeterUK likes this.
  2. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

I have a couple Allparts necks. Really like them. I just finished them in Tru-Oil. They are fantastic and very affordable.

Chunkocaster, TeleTown and nojazzhere like this.
  3. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Have my first Allparts on the way. Should be able to let you know tomorrow.

Chunkocaster and Skydog1010 like this.
  4. Skydog1010

Skydog1010 Tele-Meister

Can always buy Fender brand. MIM or USA

telestratosonic and nojazzhere like this.
  5. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

I think all the major brands are pretty safe, although any of them may require some degree of "finishing up". The fret ends on my Warmoth weren't real bad, although I had them filed smooth a little. Just the nature of the beast......

fenderchamp and Nightclub Dwight like this.
  6. Guitar MD

Guitar MD TDPRI Member

Neck on CV Tele pretty decent as it is based on my experience. What is it about roasted maple that would inspire you to want to change?

If you want to play around, I’d suggest upgrading hardware, pots, pickguard, and turning the control plate around!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Musikraft has killer roasted necks. YOU Must check em out!

fenderchamp and Blue Bill like this.
  8. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Afflicted

And I prefer Best Guitar Parts now. Tried almost all of the rest.

9. Qstick

Qstick TDPRI Member

I was going to give them a shot recently but couldn’t find a c profile. I sent 2 emails and never heard back. I’ve never read a bad thing about their necks though.

10. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Fender licensed neck from WD. Beauty work and feel. Bought it off Stratosphere. This neck just dropped right in without any fuss. Check out their site for more.

Attached Files:

Jerry_Mountains likes this.
  11. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I like allparts necks. The quality has always been great and they are the only ones I've seen that look right as far as vintage style aesthetics go.

Be careful with WD necks. Ive got one here that has a thicker heel than you would expect on a strat neck. Made getting a decent action and setup an impossible task before I worked out it was thicker. I actually paid a luthier to do a setup because I was limited in free time and got sick of messing with it. He set it up with the action too high and tried to tell me it needed a fret level before I measured the heel thickness and realised it was too thick. I also had to scribe and take quite a bit of material off the side so it would fit in a standard fender neck pocket. I think it may have been intended for a Japan fender which may have a wider and deeper neck pocket?

I got this Allparts roasted flame neck new for $300 bucks fitted with a nut and fret levelled/polished. Its flawless other than they had reliced it.

20190429_203513.jpg
    20190429_203551.jpg

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  12. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

Warmoth roasted maple necks require no finishing and can be ordered with what ever flavor of nut you want installed.

nojazzhere likes this.
  13. heffus

heffus Tele-Holic

Musikraft, although their upcharge for roasted is a little steep ($100). I have 5 of them.

14. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Afflicted

Per Qstick’s post above about Best Guitar Parts:

Hmmm. Maybe they think that there is no difference between a U and a C. I would probably have difficulty telling the difference. Don’t know what to say about not returning emails. Those always returned mine. But, hey, it’s nice to have choices.

15. solarpanelasses

solarpanelasses TDPRI Member

warmoth, warmoth, warmoth, much better and much more reasonably priced than fender

LunarSlingShot and nojazzhere like this.
  16. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

Will Best Guitar Parts or Warmoth cut the nut slots so the neck is literally bolt on, set-up, and play?

All of my Fender partscaster necks have been new take-off Fender necks (Stratosphere) because the only thing I've had to do to them is bolt them on and GO! Fantastic necks! They are not inexpensive, though.

dented likes this.
  17. solarpanelasses

solarpanelasses TDPRI Member

not too sure about best guitar parts personally, but warmoth necks are cnc cut to exact specs and very carefully carved, should bolt right in and fit snug with no problems

18. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I’ve used all three with varying degrees of success.

- Warmoth. Great necks but I’ve had issues with their customer service.
    - Allparts. I have three at the moment but one, after 10-years or so has developed truss rod issues and won’t adjust. The other two are perfect
    - USACG. Not Fender licenced so slightly different T-style headstock. Recently had a change of leadership but they have solid reputation for quality product and service.

You won’t go far wrong with any of these three and as others have suggested, go for a roasted maple neck and you can get away without a finish.

Good luck and let us know which direction you go - and prove it with pictures.

:) Peter

19. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I would recommend al least putting on a thin finish of tru oil unless you don't mind the maple looking grotty after some use. Roasted maple also still absorbs moisture so is better being sealed with something imo. Wet your finger and press it on a unfinished roasted maple neck and it will leave a damp spot as the wood absorbs the moisture.

20. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Telefied Silver Supporter

old wrench likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.