Top 10 Douchiest Guitarists of All Time

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by stephent2, Feb 5, 2013.

1. wallis222

wallis222 Tele-Afflicted

:lol:

2. Jamie Black

Jamie Black Friend of Leo's

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fezz parka
    Pass the douchey to the left hand side.

It a gonna burn, give me music make me jump and prance
    It a go done, give me the music make me rock in the dance

3. teleup

teleup Tele-Holic

I have cousins in Rockford that went to school with Rick..I`ve met Rick a few times over the years.. I`m with Frobebro, but I wil say Robin Zander is a super cool & down to earth guy Also Batio lives/lived around my area..I`ve ran into him multiple times over the years and talked tone technique & gear ..my take on him is more geek/nerd than anything else, last time I saw him he kept commenting on my watch (rolex) asking if it was real!
    my inner self wanted to ask him if his hair was real :D

4. hannigan

hannigan Friend of Leo's

prolly just defending Joe cause you have the same barber ..:p

5. Gnobuddy

Gnobuddy Friend of Leo's

In the one-mans-meat-is-another-mans-poison category, I like that acoustic-electric version. In fact I have that entire Hell Freezes Over concert on DVD. :D

I think the remarkable thing about the Eagles was that every person in the band was an exceptional musician. And Don Felder and Joe Walsh are surely two of the most tasteful guitarists I've ever heard.

-Gnobuddy

6. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

They are playing great, no doubt! But.....:)

It's the tender faux&not-so-faux relished-surprise of discovery that overwhelms the face, the moving camera-coy succulence of such swirly vomit-love, likened only in my memory to what may be expected whilst one is half-way up your Birdwell Beach Britches in a micro-descent into the Staph-n-Laugh Hotel hot tub.

Oh the agony of pleasure! I love this clip so much. Like "Sweet Child of Mine" in "Stepbrothers", absolutely delicioso!

7. JaysRiff

JaysRiff Tele-Meister

:lol: When i saw him prancing around at a big day out with a cane & a cape douche was the first thought i had :lol:

8. PrincessSlayer

PrincessSlayer TDPRI Member

John Mayer. I know the dude can shred but he just irks me. The way he whinged about Taylor Swift owning him in that song was so infantile. He can write about all his sooky wahwah yet a woman does it to him and he gets all affronted. Call the WAHMBULANCE!

9. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

Very balanced perspective, & it's so true about Yngwie & Mayer playing, that is nice & does have content to it.

In my book, all guitar, & all guitarists are ok, I would only call a douche someone I find PERSONALLY unpleasant & offensive. As I don't know many rockstars, so I won't judge.

But as for playing/sound goes; the following is my taste & opinion, & does not imply I hold "The Truth": generally speaking, I find guitar started to get boring with the arrival of EVH, Vai, & the rest...

The Marshall stack (or similar) & the guitar distortion related , became a bland corporate rock sound, an unbearable supermarket shopping background noise...

These two have almost constantly an offensive tone, without any kind of rebellious content to it - to make it interesting. Their distortion sounds processed in the worst of ways - & I fail to understand the cult following they each have.

But, they are MAYBE very nice guys indeed, & I am not one to judge guitarists, or other people tastes.

10. teleup

teleup Tele-Holic

good one

11. mindlobster

mindlobster Tele-Afflicted

Genius. Thanks for writing that, it's a great line :lol:

12. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

Thank you, I get less appealing to most people by the hour. Cadaver dogs, well, that's a different story. Thank you for validating me, because after flagging multiple scam job ads on Craigslist, I'm not feeling so popular.

13. RollTide

RollTide Tele-Meister

I'd argue that Les is not a douche. And if he is, he's earned it.

14. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

I was approaching Les from the way he sunbathed in his own "genius" on the radio shows with Mary, with the cornball jokes. (Yeah, I certainly believe he was a genius - big time, no argument there, but a bit hokey.)

But it probably was only barely sufferable to L & M's brief acquaintances. I'm sure hearing Les solve the worlds problems one at a time just by "throwing another switch" got old for Mary real quick. Her awkward laughter is still echoing out there in radioland.

But I was going more for juicy Summer's Eve moments rather than the article's premise.

I played "Pontoon" the other night, so I have retracted all claims to be an artist from here on:)

I thought about Les, mildly struggled with that decision. Then I remembered all that self-aggrandizing on the documentaries and interviews. Gotta love his talent, though. One of the very top visionaries.

15. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

The Edge. Definitely.

16. Carlsson

Carlsson Tele-Holic

Really?

Sure, I don't know much about him, but I think that at least in "It might get loud" he seemed lika a pretty nice guy.

So did Jimmy Page.

Wasn't there a third guy in that film...? :twisted:

17. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

Come on, he goes by "The Edge" and for all his philanthropic and environmentalist posturing was attempting to build 5 mansions (One for each day of the work week?) on 156 acres of pristine coastline.

18. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

The tough thing to sleep on is that all these players are better than me! And most aren't broke either! But at least I've figured out that if you play an Amaj7 in the forest, everybody hears it.

19. Carlsson

Carlsson Tele-Holic

Didn't know about that.

20. mindlobster

mindlobster Tele-Afflicted

Don't let 'em grind you down!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.