Took delivery of a Ron Kirn Barncaster

Bob M

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Started looking for a high end Tele and ended up contacting Ron Kirn. We traded emails and I looked on some YouTube videos and felt comfortable buying from Ron. I wasn’t going to be able to play any of the potential candidates but I could at least have a conversation with the builder in this case. I received it last week and have been playing it nonstop since. Initial impression is that it is set up beautifully. Great action, baseball bat type neck. Where I am really surprised is the sound. It screams vintage Tele. Plenty of twang. Unexpected treat-the 4 way switch. The sound is a wider range than my other 3 way Teles. I think that the only issue I have is that the finish is a little too “natural” for me. I’m getting better acclimated to the look and it is certainly not a show stopper.
CF8BD572-B06B-4AF9-8B1D-59906BE5B711.jpeg CB1F59BE-810C-49EB-8469-019282CFC1AA.jpeg E0334696-D230-4773-983D-35E3444E5DA0.jpeg 6FD628D4-D350-4283-B016-3101B071EAC3.jpeg

Jensen

Tele-Meister
Congratulations. I love those natural finishes. I hope you will enjoy the guitar for many, many years. I've been considering one myself. I live in Europe so I would not be able to try one first.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Started looking for a high end Tele and ended up contacting Ron Kirn. We traded emails and I looked on some YouTube videos and felt comfortable buying from Ron. I wasn’t going to be able to play any of the potential candidates but I could at least have a conversation with the builder in this case. I received it last week and have been playing it nonstop since. Initial impression is that it is set up beautifully. Great action, baseball bat type neck. Where I am really surprised is the sound. It screams vintage Tele. Plenty of twang. Unexpected treat-the 4 way switch. The sound is a wider range than my other 3 way Teles. I think that the only issue I have is that the finish is a little too “natural” for me. I’m getting better acclimated to the look and it is certainly not a show stopper.
View attachment 912676 View attachment 912677 View attachment 912678 View attachment 912679
Have to disagree on the "looks".....that's one BEAUTIFUL guitar. Thanks for posting, and hope you enjoy....;)

El Tele Lobo

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Looks like a showstopper to me. Be surprised if the look doesn’t grow on you. Happy New Kirn Day!

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Congrats on having a natural guitar that can breathe.
And, over time, it'll probably get a tan as well. :lol:
Peace - Deeve

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Congrats, great choice. Love mine including the finish. I wouldn’t be surprised if you end up liking the more natural finish after living with it a little while. You’ve got a special instrument there.