Too many cowboy chords?

Red Ryder

Tele-Afflicted
IMG_20211212_090511_268~2.jpg
Time for new strings on the old Epiphone. This is my 1974 Epiphone PR-600, been a wonderful friend. I keep thinking maybe it's time to find something else. This is my only acoustic and each time I try out something new it just doesn't have that feel or personality to make me open up the wallet. Have thought about refretting or just hanging it on the wall when it starts to fret out.

drewg

Tele-Holic
View attachment 928374 Time for new strings on the old Epiphone. This is my 1974 Epiphone PR-600, been a wonderful friend. I keep thinking maybe it's time to find something else. This is my only acoustic and each time I try out something new it just doesn't have that feel or personality to make me open up the wallet. Have thought about refretting or just hanging it on the wall when it starts to fret out.

The fingerboard of my '88 Seagull is starting to resemble yours. Well loved...

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
That's cool that you posted that. My old Epi is Antique Sunburst.

Ld

I have one of these and love it. It's a Guild D40 Traditional (nitro). I walked into the local independent guitar shop I've patronized for 25 years and took it off the wall, strummed a few "cowboy chords," and made a beeline to the bank (shop offers discount for cash). I also have the big blonde jumbo, but this one gets more play because I just like it more. MSRP is three grand, but you can most likely get it for less (I paid $1800). Came in a great HSC with a built-in humidifier.

Happy Hunting!

Quexoz

Tele-Meister
Dayum! I've never put the slightest dent in my frets. Never had one 40+ years either though. I was thinking at first it probably had some heavy stuff stacked on top of it...then I saw the "scalloped" fretboard and thought, who ever played that, has grip of STEEL!