Too excited when amp is cranked

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by 57fenderstrat, Sep 28, 2019.

1. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Get yourself an good attenuator and, aside from the gut punch volume physics, you can enjoy fully cranked tones at low levels any time. :)

Greggorios and 57fenderstrat like this.
  2. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

A good time to crank it at home (but not in an apt) is during heavy rain during the day. It masks the sound pretty well. A lot of good things happen when you can get some decent volume going. Licks start to play themselves.

MickM likes this.
  3. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

My Mesa has the guts and volume and all delivered with surgeon like precision. It’s exciting, but in a professional, well engineered way.

My old JMP 50w is a completely different beast.. Can go from beautiful cleans to brash, bright crunch and to angry, trashy and bold leads. It should def, come with a health warning about risks of overexcitement.

Yep. Some amps have got ‘it’.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    MickM, Greggorios and rze99 like this.
  4. 57fenderstrat

57fenderstrat Tele-Holic

Woah Stabwound , I had a nostalgic moment because I listened to a lot of heavier music years back. Reading that triggered something so I just YouTubed it and I used to listen to that song a lot ! It’s weird how there are things you just don’t remember at all but then you get triggered and it all comes back.

TheTruth and BeatlesAreMyJam like this.
  5. TheTruth

TheTruth TDPRI Member

Yeah, this happens a lot.
    This is one of the reasons I started writing a diary when I was younger but haven't kept upto it for the last year or so.
    Just getting back to life.

I have other Necrophagist songs on my cover-list as well but I'm just not into metal anymore.
    Sometimes when I feel like distortion, I like to have songs I can play & it also helps impress my 'metal-head' friends who don't care for anything else I play.

6. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

So you channel your inner Angus and Malcom Young? Nothing wrong with that. I have great backing track of "You Shook Me All Night Long" and sometimes I just can't resist the temptation to crank it up and let it rip. It's fun to play and guitar is supposed to fun. So what if I was working on nailing the changes on a I - IV - V.
    Yesterday I couldn't resist doing a double drop D and banging out Cinnamon Girl.
    I know it's only rock n roll but I like it.

7. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Your playing mistakes will be more obvious too.

8. claes

claes Tele-Afflicted

I have a champ 5f2, live in an apartment and is in somewhat same position. Its powerchords and gain for me even if it sounds great clean.

But I have a 5" old speaker with a simple l-pad in that 5". Even with that 5" attenuated to whispering levels it is the best sound I've heard.

Get a behringer or a jet attenuater

9. tele_savales

tele_savales Tele-Holic

Yeah, it's good for you. I took the 67 Bassman I just recapped and my Friedman to a rehearsal studio and dimed the piss out of both of them for three hours a few weeks ago. Quite nice. i plan on getting a Tonebone ABY and doing it more often. My ears ring 24/7 so why not?

10. ifallalot

ifallalot Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I've felt like I've had a good day if my ears are numb

Whenever I've been cooped up for awhile under volume restrictions I bust out Cherub Rock, Welcome to Paradise, and Holidays in the Sun

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.