Tonight's Playlist...

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Paul in Colorado, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

At the community radio station where I volunteer, they were giving away some CD's. Duplicates, I think, or donations they didn't need. So tonight I stuck some of them in the CD changer and hit "Random."

Fleetwood Mac - The Dance

Joe Cocker - Greatest Hits

Jimmy Buffett -Songs You Know By Heart

U2 - Achtung Baby

U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

I'm not a big fan of overplayed radio hits, but this mix is better then I expected. Later on I'm going to listen to Four Shillings Short - The Secret of the Water Sound, Open Road - Bluegrass Acoustic and "Things Comin' My Way, a tribute to the music of The Mississippi Sheiks with contributions by John Hammond, Bruce Cockburn, Bill Frisel, North Mississippi Allstars among others.

Free random music is fun!

What are you listening to tonight?

2. DonM

DonM Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I went old school tonight.

Salty Dog (album)- Procol Harum

Paul in Colorado likes this.
  3. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

So, after listening to those other albums, I took one CD to the bedroom. It's called "Things About Comin' My Way - A tribute to the music of the Mississippi Sheiks." It's a compilation with The Carolina Chocolate Drops, Bruce Cockburn, Bill Frisel, John Hammond, North Mississippi Allstars and a bunch more.

This is a great album especially if you like depression era country blues styled music. I don't know when it was released, but if you ever come upon it, grab it!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.