Tonight's HS Football Best Game

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
My high school football team #1 in the country St John Bosco plays #2 Mater Dei at Santa Ana Bowl tonight at 7:30PST. In the last 80 games Mater Dei is 77-3 with the only 3 losses to....St John Bosco. 9000 seats were sold out in 14 minutes. Media wanted the game played at Sofi Stadium but Mater Dei refused saying that gives Bosco (an LA based school) an unfair advantage and it is a Mater Dei home game. National TV on Bally Sports Network. 70 players total from the teams have received Division 1 scholarship offers from FBS schools (eligible for bowl games.) If you want to watch good high school football this should be the game.
1665168744899.png

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
Looks like a Texas state high school game. I have heard of Mater Dei but not of St. John Bosco. I will have to look them up!

But you guys need to build bigger stadiums.

This is the HS Stadium for the Allen Eagles (North Dallas). It seats 18,000.

1665169158646.png

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Looks like a Texas state high school game. I have heard of Mater Dei but not of St. John Bosco. I will have to look them up!

View attachment 1037587
$65 million dollar complex. St John Bosco went there in the first game of the year and won in the rain 52-14. This year! We can't build a bigger stadium on campus because the real estate is so expensive. Given that I believe St John Bosco has the largest on campus acreage of any private school in Southern California.

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter

View attachment 1037587
Our l’il stadium only seats 11,000. Inferiority complex for sure. I’ve been to Allen, it’s a nice facility.

BUT you must admit the real winners are those kids in Frisco who get to play some home game at the Cowboys indoor Star complex.

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire

View attachment 1037587
Yep. I went to school over in Garland. I'm sure they've added more (suburbs and stadiums) in the 30 years since I left, but our two HS stadiums sat 8,000 and 14,000 respectively iirc, and the bigger one was built in the early 70s.

Crazy how much has changed there, I remember when Allen was like <15-20k ppl (late 80s). I'm not even sure I was aware it existed until I'd been gone 10 years.

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
Yep. I went to school over in Garland. I'm sure they've added more (suburbs and stadiums) in the 30 years since I left, but our two HS stadiums sat 8,000 and 14,000 respectively iirc, and the bigger one was built in the early 70s.

Crazy how much has changed there, I remember when Allen was like <15-20k ppl (late 80s). I'm not even sure I was aware it existed until I'd been gone 10 years.
I am not sure but I think Odessa got in on the building of big high school stadiums at the beginning.

This one opened in 1982 and holds 19,302 people. It cost $5.6M to build back then.
Here is a picture of me on that field, circa 1984.

1665409211658.png

I am one of the guys with two tons of brass wrapped around his neck.