Tonight: Tele or Strat?

nosuch

Friend of Leo's
Got a blues gig coming tonight and it seems I can't decide wether to bring my tele or a strat. I can play all of the songs on each. The strat is rather new to me and I enjoyed it for the last two blues gigs. Maybe I'll take both if they fit into the car?
I know: First world problem. :confused:

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
Got a blues gig coming tonight and it seems I can't decide wether to bring my tele or a strat. I can play all of the songs on each. The strat is rather new to me and I enjoyed it for the last two blues gigs. Maybe I'll take both if they fit into the car?
Historically it's been proven that both Teles and Strats are able to crank out very mean blues indeed, so the big question is... which color and guitar shape speaks to you tonight? Whatever you choose, bring the other one along as backup!

JeffroJones

Tele-Meister
I have no opinion.
None whatsoever.

muddy.jpg

:::

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
I agree with taking both.

That said, unless I was in a weird mood, I personally have several other guitars I'd take before one of my Strats made the cut.

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
Muddy Waters and early Mike Bloomfield aside, I rarely think of a Telecaster as a blues guitar, so...if being "authentic" to the genre is a concern then a Strat would likely be a more suitable choice, especially if the band is doing covers, which would probably mean some SRV. IF the band is playing originals then just whatever fits.
Historically it's been proven that both Teles and Strats are able to crank out very mean blues indeed, so the big question is... which color and guitar shape speaks to you tonight? Whatever you choose, bring the other one along as backup!
True. I always take a backup. As for which guitar to play blues on, you can't go wrong if you let T-Model Ford be your guiding light:
1665846859328.png