1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

tonestyler guitar eleven with firebird pickups?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by 2after909, Jul 13, 2016.

1. 2after909

2after909 Tele-Holic

Hi there. I've got a tonestyler guitar eleven that I've had sitting around for a long time. Anybody have any experience with these?

https://store.stellartone.com/product.asp?specific=2031

I'm putting together a guitar with a pair of Firebird pickups. The bridge is a Lollar A5 wound to 7.4k, with a metal baseplate, and the neck is a RC pickups A4 wound to 6.4k. I'm guessing the tonestyler might come in handy with these pickups. Anybody tried a tonestyler with firebird pickups, by chance? If so, how'd it work out?

I'm a little confused about how to use the tonestyler, actually. Will I need 3 knobs on this guitar--one master volume, one master tone, and the tonestyler to set the rolloff frequency of the tone control?

Before it occurred to me to use the tonestyler I was thinking I'd use 300k pots with the firebird pickups because those things can get pretty bright, but maybe I'd want to use 500k pots if I use the tonestyler?

Anybody willing to school me? ;) Thanks!

2. dbeeman

dbeeman TDPRI Member

I use a tonestyler on a Tele with 2 Lollar Friebirds. It tunes the high freq resonance on the pups. You will not have a pot tone control, just the styler clicks

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.