Tonemaster Super Reverb

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by BluesRockDude, Jul 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dacious

Dacious Doctor of Teleocity

P10Qs. Theyre marginally heavier.plus 40 watts. P10Rs wouldn't handle 200 watts, even solid state watts.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  2. northernguitar

northernguitar Friend of Leo's

Nope. It was the robotuner that guitarists rejected.

teletail likes this.
  3. David C

David C Tele-Meister

This may even be the exact same hardware platform as the Twin Reverb and Deluxe Reverb ToneMaster. The only difference would be in the tone emulation.

4. David C

David C Tele-Meister

So what? The cost to build the amp doesn't reflect the sell price to the user. Never has, never will. It's the perceived value that price is based upon. This is not a commodity, you are buying a new version of an amp that Fender won't be selling otherwise. Might as well cash in on it if you're Fender. I think it is priced very nicely for what you get.

5. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Does the 'Magic 6' also include turning the Volume knob to 6?

curious as I just read about Magic 6 for the first time ( probably here!) only a few mos. ago.

6. backalleyblues

backalleyblues Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I suspect we will start seeing TMTR and TMSR on many backline stages before too long, besides cycling out aging HRDX and HRDVs, the added advantage of a good sounding DI and reduced weight will make these popular choices for sound companies going forward.

As for me, I’m not in the market for another amp right now, but I’d seriously consider a TM if I was-they do sound very close to the originals (at least the ones I’ve tried) though I noted that the twin is not quite as percussive as the real thing. Personally I’d get the deluxe in blonde (I have a thing about blonde amps!), the super would be just too much amp for most of my gigs nowadays-I have a super re-cabbed into a 2x10 pine cab, and is my all time favorite amp, even if it weighs 48lbs!

As for the diagnostics, there is a micro USB port on the underside of the chassis-besides using it for firmware updates, I suspect you can attach a computer with the correct software to run diagnostics as well-I’m sure that fender has this, and its only a matter of time before this software appears in the wild...

Franc Robert

Marc Morfei and PBO Blues like this.
  7. Dacious

Dacious Doctor of Teleocity

Plus the guitars came in a special gaudy bulky case and were 10% overpriced.

8. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Google "guitar players are conservative" on the forum.

MilwMark and northernguitar like this.
  9. lmjmitchell

lmjmitchell Tele-Holic

I tried a Deluxe and a Twin Tonemaster at GC and they both sounded good. They would be tempting if I didn't already have several amps. I'm sure the Super Reverb will be no different.

When the product is named after a revered tube amp, people look for any reason not to like it. On the other hand, some may compare it to the original and see it as 90% similar at half the weight and a lower price. Maybe Fender should develop a new Tonemaster model with a new name that is not connected to previous tube amps.

StevesBoogie and tattypicker like this.
  10. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Google "guitar players are conservative" on the forum.

MilwMark likes this.
  11. teletail

teletail Friend of Leo's

802FA359-A708-4836-9DDD-081F36FA747E.gif

12. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

I wonder about long term reliability and serviceability on these. If they hold up well over time that’s great but if not will they go the way of the Fender Cyber amp series and so many other disposable designs that special components are not available or difficult to find after the model is discontinued or not popular any more. Where are all the Cyber series amps today? They seem to be forgotten and many fell into disrepair. If a Tonemaster has a problem who can fix it 5 or 10 years from now?

I have not heard any of these Tonemaster amps or seen anyone anywhere actually using one yet. I had a SRRI when they came out and it was decent but lacking something when compared to an original 1965 Super Reverb. I gigged with the SRRI for a while but I sold it because I had several other originals that sounded better.

13. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Poster Extraordinaire

I haven't heard any online bellyaching over reliability of the TM series. They don't seem to have a 'chronic problem' or issue. They are new and time will tell long term, but in terms of online chatter, I'd so so far so good.

14. Hpilotman

Hpilotman Tele-Holic

I hope as many folks that want a TMSR can get one and enjoy it and it gives them many years of trouble Free service.
    Just realize you are not getting a Super Reverb Amp but a new Amp Design with the Name Super Reverb.

Happy Note Bending!

Mike Simpson likes this.
  15. AlbertoMilanese

AlbertoMilanese Tele-Meister

So I just preordered one - gonna be posting a little review once it gets here. Should be around August 8th or so! Super stoked since I wasn't sold on the Deluxe - just was too quiet for my tastes. And I just LOVE 10s, and no better way than 4x10s in a large cab.

16. Danb541

Danb541 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Agreed, tube amps do sometimes require maintenance. Heaps? Maybe if your amp is a POS. Not sure if maintenance cost is overlooked, but love it all you want. Tube amps I've had don't require new tubes often and biasing an amp is not that hard. At least it's not hard on the amps I have, YouTube it.
    I just love how some guys don't take the time to learn how to change tubes an bias their own amp. It's not hard. They'd save heaps of money

northernguitar likes this.
  17. MrWiggly

MrWiggly TDPRI Member

Photos posted by Fender show the speakers to very clearly be P10R's. You can see the model number stamped on the frame.

18. PBO Blues

PBO Blues Tele-Holic

From the source, earlier in the thread...

19. 53Strat

53Strat Tele-Meister

It wasn't about the how, it's about the cost of purchase which so many whinge about.

If your tubes don't need changing "that often " then they need changing and they cost heaps compared with SS.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    PhredE likes this.
  20. Jjmatashi

Jjmatashi TDPRI Member

Profit! Profit!! Profit!!! America runs on profits!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.