Tonelab SE and PE60

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by davidchagrin, May 23, 2014.

1. davidchagrin

davidchagrin Tele-Afflicted

I've recently been selling some old gear and purchasing used gear on craigslist. This adventure led me to picking up a mint Vox Tonelab SE(the old one with two expression pedals) and a mint Tech 21 Power Engine 60. I've only had them together for a few days, but they have both been fantastic so far. The PE has volume for days and is very transparent (with option to add color if needed). The Tonelab has exceeded my expectations in a modeling/effects board. I was able to quickly set up a few patches to mimic my previous stomp box/tube amp rig. The only difference is that the possibilities are endless. The reverb and delay options are stellar, from subtle to over-the-top.
    I started guitar with a SS amp and now I'm back to another. I'm really loving the flexibility of modeling with the potential for more volume than any valve amp I've ever owned. Plus, the tone from all of the models sound very tube like, dynamic, and touch sensitive.
    To say the least, I'm more than pleased and I'm happy to veer away from the instability of gigging with tubes.

2. codamedia

codamedia Poster Extraordinaire

That would be a great combination... I owned a Tonelab LE for a while and it was a very warm sounding unit... not sure why I ever let it go.

3. davidchagrin

I'll be bringing it to band rehearsal tomorrow night for the first time. We'll see how it does in the mix. My expectations are quite high.

4. davidchagrin

Well, this rig sounded pretty darn good in the full band mix this evening. I've still got some tweaking to do, but I'm pleased with the overall performance.

5. poiureza

poiureza Tele-Holic

Congrats

+1 on everything
    I had the SE and I loved having 2 expression pedals in one package.

6. davidchagrin

Totally! The second expression pedal can be used for anything. I've tried with gain and with delay feedback with great results!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.