Tone Transfer

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by burtf51, Jul 31, 2021.

1. burtf51

burtf51 Tele-Afflicted

So out of curiosity I've been searching around for midi synths or whatever is available to transfer the sound of a guitar into different instrument sounds ie, cello, flute, violin, sax etc...didn't have much luck. Either not much available or my search terms were not correctly input into search. I would think in this modern age that a daw would have these functions. AI my guitar and simply click on instrument sounds like flute, violin, woodwinds etc and magically my guitar would sound like selected sound. If so I'd like to know. Anyway I ran across this that was quite interesting. Now if I could only get something like this imported into my DAW

https://sites.research.google/tonetransfer

2. burtf51

burtf51 Tele-Afflicted

and my latest, I mean 15 minutes later find...

3. matman14

matman14 Tele-Meister

Melodyne can take any audio and turn it into MIDI that you can then use to trigger anything in your sampler of choice.

codamedia likes this.
  4. FortyEight

FortyEight Tele-Afflicted

Strangely enough I just watched an instragram from a gal from my church doing the very thing. She's as keyboard player so I'm assuming she used that, but she didn't show that part. She just showed picking all these different instruments on Logic on her mac laptop. I told her I was jealous. I'm using a 10 year old plus desktop. LOL. I'm actually pretty happy with my set up right now. I mean it would be nice to be able to move it around but I think I got my room sounding decent....

burtf51 likes this.
  5. burtf51

burtf51 Tele-Afflicted

I just went from a 2009 iMac to a MacBook Air. Haven't used GB since 2010 ha. It's been a great move for my little home recording needs. I've had iReal Pro for several years and just figured out that I can export tunes from there to GB...the cool thing I figured out is if I export as a midi file then I have individual instrument tracks instead of just one track if I export as an audio file. So now I can place instrument where I want them in regions and eq/effects on each instrument. So midi is the only way I've found to get individual tracks. So far and that's been a week or so I mostly export just bass and drums into GB

FortyEight likes this.
  6. FortyEight

@matman14 The other night... Tons of lighting. There were reports of three houses in the area set on fire from lightning.... I had my stuff unplugged cuz of that thread and have been doing that since thin.

Sorry, totally unrelated to the OP's topic. Sorry about that. I had to update... :)

7. FortyEight

You're talking greek to me. I'm still learning how to do reverb on reaper. LOL.

burtf51 likes this.
  8. burtf51

burtf51 Tele-Afflicted

You might wanna look at this or should I say NEED this and it's only a few dollars...

https://www.irealpro.com/

9. suthol

suthol Friend of Leo's

I use a Yamaha Clavinova with MIDI out for my orchestra in Reaper.

Various VSTi to suit, B3, full orchestra, mellotron etc

10. Rich_S

Rich_S Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Reaper has an included plugin, ReaTune it might be called, that’s their free equivalent of Auto Tune. As a bonus, it will spit out MIDI pitch data from the audio guitar track.

I’ve never tried it because 1) I have a little MIDI keyboard I can use for playing tracks, 2) I can clean up my sloppy keyboard playing in Reaper’s MIDI editor, and 3) I have a talented, professional keyboardist/composer friend who records for me anything that’s beyond my rudimentary skills.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.