Tone Switch Question

GarageDweller

NEW MEMBER!
I'm an electronics moron, so I'm hoping someone can explain the how-to like they're talking to a child or a dog: I'd like to install a switch that would be like cutting the tone knob a quarter turn for the bridge pickup only. I have a soldering iron and fire insurance. Help? I should note that this was a Mexi Nashville Tele, but nearly all the parts have been changed except the wiring. So, five-way switch.

Last edited:

jfgesquire

Friend of Leo's
I'm an electronics moron, so I'm hoping someone can explain the how-to like they're talking to a child or a dog: I'd like to install a switch that would be like cutting the tone knob a quarter turn for the bridge pickup only. I have a soldering iron and fire insurance. Help?
Yes you can, no I don't have a diagram of exactly what you're thinking of, but ..

...the original blend circuit on Broadcasters didn't have a tone knob, the tone cap was wired into the switch

I modified the blend circuit with a 4-way switch and added another tone cap in there so it would kind of do what you're asking.

These cap numbers are probably a little too dull, but it's a start. Maybe .005 or .01 instead of .022?

20201118_132757~2.jpg