1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tone King Sky King

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by jklotz, Jul 29, 2014.

1. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

Hi guys. Been rummaging through youtube, looking for a nice combo, and ran across this very interesting amp. Anybody play one? Sound clips are amazing! Is there any way to get something that sounds like that without the very high price?

Check it out:

2. BobbyB

BobbyB Tele-Afflicted

Sweet sounds.....and all of them good.
    Off hand I dont know of any amp quite like it....sometimes you actually get what you pay for. Maybe search the used market for one?

3. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

That's just great, now I want the amp and the guitar.

4. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I'm scared to ask how much.

5. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

6. sidneystreet

sidneystreet Tele-Afflicted

That is a sweet Tone King Sky King demo. Inspiring tones for sure.

7. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

Yea, that guitar is pretty sweet, huh?

8. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

The Tone King Metropolitan looks interesting, too. In a recent thread someone was asking why there aren't more 4 x 6V6 amps, well here's one.

9. Mike Simpson

I have been semi interested in a Tone King Imperial but I can't get past the price.... and I don't really need another amp. :eek:

10. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

This has been on my lust list for a year or so

11. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

getbent is going hog wild lately on the Fender Mustang III amps, maybe he'll sell his tone king cheap.

:D

12. Mike Simpson

I would like to have the Tone King Imperial anniversary edition with built in attenuator.... but at $2595 I can't justify it.
    For $2450 I bought a 68 Dual Showman Reverb, a 71 Pro reverb, a 71 Deluxe Reverb, a 74 Princeton Reverb a 52 Pro and a 49 Deluxe. ...yes all of them for $2450 but not at the same time.
    I thought about selling a few Fenders to fund a Tone King but I don't think I can do that.

[​IMG]

13. mickeydean

mickeydean Friend of Leo's

i played a Tone King Imperial for many many years. I finally wore it out. Great amps and worth every penny. Customer service is second to none. I think for a lot of people, it is the last amp they ever buy.

14. teleconvertMij

teleconvertMij Tele-Meister

Just recently managed to get hold of a Metropolitan used in mint condition - saved myself £700. Trying it out just blew me away, i had to have it despite the price tag!
    Super lush sound and the reverb simply makes you wanna weep - in a good way!!
    And in regards to customer service: outstanding! I emailed Mark Bartel with a technical question, pointing out that i had purchased this beauty USED - still had a very helpful reply about 3 hours later!

15. Marshall_Stack

Marshall_Stack Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Heck - for that kind of money I can just go ahead make the monthly mortgage payment, feed the kids and pay some utility bills.

Naaahh - just kidding. Wonder if they can have it here before the eviction ?

16. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Been kinda waiting for that...

17. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I never thought I'd even consider selling my TKI, but, it COULD happen! hard to believe! I have not switched to the Mustang III (yet) but it is gonna happen. Played saturday night and one real young guy and one real old guy wandered up to the bandstand at different times and spent a long time looking at my home made ranch hand tele and even more at my tone king...

The young guy stopped me at the first break and said, "I don't listen to country music, but man, that amp sounds awesome." I smiled and said,"I saved up and I love that amp!"

The older guy said, "I've been reading about that amp for a long time and always wondered if I'd ever see one." Then he asked how hard it was to put together a tele on your own... great guy, fun conversation... I told him to hop on the forum!

I did not tell him my name here... ha ha!

18. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

getbent just out of curiosity, are you leaning to the MIII or the Floor?

I have both, and if I had it to do over I might get only the Floor, although I've not had alot of time to work with mine, yet

19. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

our plan is to get mIII combos for all the guys, I'll dial in the set of sounds we need for the band as a whole and the load in will be simplified, and outside of a bass amp.. we'll be set with a medium sized PA and matched combo amps...

the floor looks cool, but to pull that off, I'd need to beef up the PA and I want to lighten the load a bit.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.