1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tone (HELP)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Croftcw, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Lobomov

Lobomov Friend of Leo's

Definately .. thick picks are the ****!

But like many say here .. I'd start clean and work from there.

I originally had a fender super six reverb ... but I was young and it was sooo hard breaking it up, so I moved on to a 900 marshall and that was basically it. Since then I just go guitar, a two channel amp and a cable, the tele is a bit weak compared to the gibson, so if need be, I might add a clean boost, which I have turned on all the time btw.

2. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Friend of Leo's

Volume and gain vs tone, as some have already said, is easier to control and shape with true bypass pedals. If you don't want to spend a fortune Danelectro do some nice - and slightly wacky - transparent overdrives. Not bad quality for the money either and will sit noislessly in your pedal chain until needed.

3. Croftcw

Croftcw TDPRI Member

Tons of great advice here. I do like the sound of the twin but it has not been serviced in a LONG time. I am actually borrowing it. The 6l6's have been replaced recently but the caps haven't and I know the speakers need some work. It would probably sound a lot better after a visit to the amp-tech. I will say that the advice about the controls on the tele and stripping down the board has been monumental to say the least. I got rid of the wah, delay, and compressor and kept my ts-808, tuner, paisley, and volume and almost instantly my tone was enriched. I rolled off about a quarter of the tone on the guitar and took the volume down and my tone is actually....really nice. The increase in volume has been much better than a compressor for leads. I set my overdrives at the right levels to allow for a quick switch between a little beef to it and a good amount of gain for the rockier stuff. I switched up the chain and the VP now only controls volume and not gain. This has been amazing and I have a warm buttery overdrive with the ts-808 and the light snap with the Paisley. My clean drive also sounds incredible with the tone and volume adjusted right on the guitar. I think switching out the n3,s and getting the amp serviced will really put the icing on the cake. I am loving this set up because I don't waste any time fiddling around and I get a good consistent tone with very minimal pedals. It is raw and sounds SO much better. You guys rock, thanks so much for the suggestions!

-Chalmers

4. Agitator

Agitator Friend of Leo's

That's what I'm talking about.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.