Tone Concepts The Distillery pedal

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by L.A. Mike, Apr 2, 2014.

1. AdamLopez

AdamLopez Tele-Meister

I recently picked one up and love it. I play mainly 50s/60s Honky Tonk and Rockabilly music these days as my two main gigs keep me busy full time; so my days as half a dozen band's hired gun are pretty much done.

Even though I primarily play solid state amps anymore, this pedal STILL does what it's supposed to do. I leave the first channel on all the time. It's gives me the liveliness and rich tone I love. I'm very much a "Fender" amp type of guy and this gives me that sparkle and chime and the fine tuning to not be an ice pick'y nuisance.

The 2nd channel adds a ton of flexibility that I've yet to really make use of, but so far I like dialing it in for a more 40's Tweed tone..a bit more mid'y and honky a la Junior Barnard (while my main tone is more Campilongo/Roy Nichols/Kenny V into Gatton territory a la the Humbler Rockbilly era).

Essentially it not only gives me flexibility but consistency from room to room and amp to amp.

As a solid state guy, the one adjustment I made was putting it in the fx loop. MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD.

As of now my rig is ALWAYS and ONLY a Hahn 228 with single blade pickups by Carl Bradychok, USUALLY a Tech 21 Trademark 60, and a Korg Pitchblack tuner > Wampler Reverb > Midnight 30 Starry Night Delay > Distillery all through the fx loop.

2. Yreva

Yreva TDPRI Member

The company hasn’t had ANY pedals in stock for going on two years. Anyone have any insight on this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.