1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tomorrow - Silverchair...

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by trev333, Sep 17, 2014.

1. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of the release of Tomorrow...:cool:

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news...-behind-Tomorrow-Not-one-major-label-liked-it

...a bunch of 14 yr olds had a #1 on Oz radio... with the help of radio JJJ... before they were picked up by Sony after the fact..

Then went on to sell 4 million copies of Frogstomp in the US on the back of Tomorrow going #1 there as well....not a bad first effort by highschool kids...:twisted:....

2. busman

busman Tele-Meister

I heard it on the J's yesterday in honour of the anniversary, still sounds great. Apparently the band have refused to play it in concert for many years now though.

3. stankepanck

stankepanck Tele-Holic

Thats a smart move! Refuse to play the only song that most folks care to hear from them. Makes no sense. Is the band still relevant? Seriously, I have no clue.

4. EuroBailey

EuroBailey Tele-Holic

I think Daniel johns is extremely talented. Got better and better with age. Would be keen for him to release something new soon (solo or silverchair)

5. ShaunQ

ShaunQ TDPRI Member

FWIW, I think the band released three pretty brilliant records long after Frogstomp (which I like for purely nostalgic reasons), the record with Tomorrow on it. Neon Ballroom, Diorama, and Young Modern all got lots of play with me, especially the middle of the three. I'm not from Australia, but my understanding is that the band had pretty much been superstars there for the duration of their career. Stadiums, tons of record sales, divorce scandals, the whole bit.

I can't blame them in the slightest for their refusal to play a 20-year old song that is so far out of touch with the more recent material. I would sooner do many terrible things than play any of the songs I wrote at 14 years old now :)

6. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

inspiration?

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.