1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Tommy Shannon is better than Flea...

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Cadillac_Mike, Mar 7, 2021.

1. 421JAM

421JAM Tele-Meister

Ive never seen any video of them playing together. I’d love to see that. This is the photo in the booklet. This looks like a painted headstock to me. The color of the front of the headstock is clearly a different color than the side of the headstock. Whether that’s Tommy Shannon’s bass or not, I don’t know, but that’s what the booklet says. [​IMG]

Well, I can’t seem to get the image to work. Nevertheless, the headstock color, or any detail about the instrument, is a detail that doesn’t really matter. The interesting part to me is the connection between Shannon and Hendrix.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  2. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

Yep, I know the image you're talking about. And, yes, the headstock was definitely painted. Just never seen Tommy playing that bass, nor do I know it belonged to him.

3. kLyon

kLyon Tele-Holic

Thanks for the head's up! If I had looked more closely I would have seen it (or at least I would have noticed that it was definitely older than mine: the 1966 ones had the big block inlays...)

4. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I doubt either one of them would swap that well into the other's situation. Shannon is probably more flexible, and able to fit into a larger variety of bands, genres etc?

northernguitar likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.